Monday, November 4, 2019

The PLUMBER

In the world of plumbing, I know if you turn the faucet on, water comes out.  There's a main shut-off somewhere, a place that escapes me.  My knowledge was further enhanced when the pipes on the well exploded and I was told to turn off the breaker for the well.  That's it ... the extent of my knowledge.

Most women entertain dalliances with let's say the milkman, due to the free products deposited at the back door.  Many even choose the mailman, although I've no idea why since there's no free products coming down the line there.

I on the other hand, would choose the PLUMBER.  Who could resist those broad shoulders and dirty coveralls.
This is me trying to figure out what the heck is causing all that water to drain from inside my house.  I finally received a good recommendation via text message from a friend.  Like any good floozy looking for service on Sunday morning at 9:00, I called him.  Amazingly, he answered.  
I explained between coughs that I was a good friend of HIS friend and required help.  I was totally deflated when he said he would have to call me back.  I'm pretty sure I slipped into the conversation that I was single, hoping that might entice him.  It did not.

However .... when he called back, he agreed to come check it out before my entire roof collapsed from the weight of the water.  Oh Lord help me!!!

I have to admit I was a little disappointed that the Plumber didn't look like this guy.  Mike Rowe is my all time favorite plumber, writer, singer, good samaritan, MAN in the country.  I'm sure he could have fixed my problem.  

At any rate, the REAL plumber wouldn't be available for any dalliances ... he brought his son with him.  He said the pressure relief valve was sticking.  He had a new valve in his truck that he installed in no time.  The flood of water was stayed.
Then he went on to explain that my 2006 system is old hat and will probably need to be replaced.  Just a quick note here ... they are very expensive and I have TWO of them.  He also explained there is no drip pan underneath (not required back then) and if it were to spring a leak, I would totally and completely be out of luck.  My instructions were to call a sheet metal company and get drip pans made and installed.  I saw $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Just a quick note here ... Mr. Chance, my all round plumber repair guy in Tucson, just recently told me I need a drip pan underneath my hot water heater or I could be in big trouble at that house too.  Obviously, it's a sign.

Here's the good part.  My little dalliance only cost me $189 and I made a new friend.  He said I had his number, just call him any time!!!  OKAY THEN!!!!!
In the meantime, Mike Rowe has just published his first book, only after encouraging his 80-something year old mother to publish her own, which instantly became rated #1, mostly due to Mike's advertisement of same with his little Facebook friends, of which I am one.  Don't you just love those run on sentences???   I love the book cover ... "read by the author".  

You might be happy to know that his Dirty Jobs show may be brought back to your local television channel.  I can't wait!   I'd watch THAT plumber any time!! 






8 comments:

  1. By going through these problems once hopefully you will recognize the problem if it ever happens again. You got away cheap on that Pressure Relief Valve.
    Be Safe and Enjoy getting well.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rick ... I rather thought the price was right also!! He was a very nice guy!!

      Delete
  2. Your title had me intrigued, I'll tell ya. Not just to fix your problem but I wanted to see a little heart at the end of every sentence. Alas, married (?) with son in tow......I wonder if he was up to midnight conversations. "Are you wearing your coveralls?" ha ha But then again, if he didn't look like Mike Rowe.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patsy ... we think so much alike! Hahaha
      Yes, married and travels in an RV with his family.

      Delete
  3. Well is sounds like you got one thing accomplished at a reasonable price too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read you were able to have whatever needed to be taken care of taken care of so you are no longer in danger of being in a flood. There are certain things in life that should just work. Water coming in through the facet and going out the drain, period, is on of them. Though having Mike Rowe come over to fix a plumbing problem might be worth having a plumbing problem...LOL
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO agree!! Water should only come out of those pipes when you need it!!

      Delete