Saturday, November 2, 2019

Clean Up On Aisle TWO!!!

Did I mention I've never been this sick in my entire life?  My advice to you is stay home or wear a mask when you go out.  I hate being redundant, but this stuff is AWFUL!!!

My babies have kept me company without fail, every minute of the day.  I have to count my blessings there!!
Food was getting short.  I tried making an order at Walmart, which worked out well except the frozen foods weren't quite so frozen.  I ate them up pretty quickly.  Oh ... and the eight bags they charged me for, one with absolute NOTHING IN IT!!!  Are you kidding me??  One bag had eggs, one bag had one bottle of advil and one bag had two cans of sweet potatoes for the parrot.  

I would try to pick up some things myself, but now you have to go through two metal detectors and be screened by two employees before entering.  Someone shot someone sometime in the parking lot when I was working the patch.  Nice to know your neighborhood grocery store needs airport security!!

So ... in my quest for food, I tried to run through everything I had in the cupboard.  That's hard when your head is full of muck and you are coughing every two minutes.  I had canned chicken (I NEVER buy canned chicken), cheese, a can of corn, olives and tortillas.  What I didn't have was sauce.  

Amazingly I found a can of tomato puree with an expiration date of 09/19.  Okay, it's not as far off as the enchilada sauce dated 12/17 or the can of tomato paste dated 10/16.  Having actually found a recipe for homemade red enchilada sauce, I figured to give the 09/19 a shot.  After all, those dates are just a general notice, right?

VOILA!!  Enchiladas served!  It actually was pretty tasty, much as I could tell since this malady has killed about every tastebud in my mouth.  The problem arose when I was sitting on the couch, enjoying my newly made lunch when one of those coughing fits came along.

You've never tried to suppress a huge cough more than when you have an entire mouthful of food.  It didn't work as my lovely enchiladas went flying across the room like being shot out of a cannon.  The puppies stared in disbelief!  
After twenty minutes of clean-up, I was back on the couch coughing all the more.  So far it's been two long days and nights of continuous racking hacking.  I can quit only long enough to swallow a tiny piece of leftover candy.  Otherwise, eating is out of the question.  
Try as I might to think .... it's really pretty hard when you are this sick .... I couldn't come up with anything to help the cough.  At long last EUREKA!!!  I remembered I had bottled lemon juice (somehow my brain was stuck on REAL lemons), honey and water.  I made a big cup for dinner.  I didn't cough the entire time I was sipping the hot loveliness.  Still, I was up all night long racking up more miles coughing than I did walking the Pumpkin Patch.
I'm thinking I may be one more day into wellness however, since I had a fleeting thought about all that fabric sitting in the tubs just inside the back door.  At least there's a flicker of hope!!!

I'll be on the couch ..... AGAIN!!



12 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! haha. That's crazy about those 8 bags..that's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Only because they get to charge you ten cents a bag!

      Delete
  2. I'll bet you don't have to pay for bags in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but you have to fight off the spiders and scorpions. It's a tough choice!!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you are so miserable. I hope it doesn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken Soup with Crackers (or on my diet, Chicken Broth with Pork Rinds)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, but that means another run to the store. Ugh!!

      Delete
  5. It is amazing how the cashiers will put one item in bag wen you are paying for them. you bring one reusable bag they will pack it. in and have room to spare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly true!!! Next time I'm opting OUT of bags.

      Delete
  6. You poor thing!! I do get a kick out of your story though along the way. Glad the lemon juice works - keep chugging!

    ReplyDelete