Friday, November 15, 2019

I'm Procrastinating

That's a big word for sitting on my butt doing nothing.  I really need to step up the pace and get out the door, otherwise my butt is NOT going to fit in those two pair of jeans I finally got into yesterday.

I picked up the house a little, trying to make it LOOK like I cleaned for my company, when I didn't.  I procrastinated until she arrived at 10:30, whereupon we wandered off to Applebee's, our best restaurant in town.

It took thirty minutes to get our meals, with only six people there for lunch.  I took not one picture, but the bourbon shrimp and chicken was at least edible.  Get this ..... I got a PLASTIC straw with my water.  Now I'm on a mission to find out just WHO is handing out paper straws.

Then I found this .... I AM self medicating with fabric.  That's my new excuse.
At any rate, my company didn't stay the night after all, so I washed those sheets just for the exercise of trying to make them fit back on the mattress, coughing all the while.  That left the entire afternoon to try and figure out WHY my sewing machine is STILL gathering the seams instead of sewing them flat, even after that repair/cleaning.
That was made even harder by the fact that the above panel measurements were NOT the same as the green border measurements next to it.  The green was over an inch too short.  Of course I had already cut the border to the size the directions told me.  That meant trimming the panel, which of course had major repercussions.  The 26 pieces making up the NEXT border ALL had to be adjusted too.  It was a mathematical nightmare!
As an excuse to stop sewing, I proceeded to the living room where sat a box full of wooden pieces.  One of the ladies at the Pumpkin Patch had lost her mother over a year previous.  Seems her mother was a quilter.  

I mentioned I might be looking for a quilting machine, whereupon she brought me this big box and gifted me her mother's frame, which never got put together.  She cried as she put it in my Jeep.  I knew not what to say.  She asked if maybe I could make her a quilt some day.
So now I have a BIG problem!  It's a very fancy frame, hand made in Salt Lake City, all wood similar to this one.  Trouble is, I have no inclination to hand quilt ANYTHING.  I want a computer-type machine quilter with metal frame.  Now what do I do???

I make pie of course!!  Here's a little taste of heaven, at least for me.  It's low carb frozen peanut butter pie.  Peanut butter, cream cheese and whipped cream.  What could be better??
I didn't procrastinate one single minute .... I cut a slice and enjoyed every bite outside on my patio where the weather has been between 55 and 75 every day and night.  It's fabulous .. both the weather AND the pie.

It's time to man up, or woman up as the case may be.  This house definitely needs a cleaning, room by room.  No more procrastinating!!!  Just as soon as I finish my coffee, and sit with the puppies for a minute, and maybe have another piece of pie while playing Words with friends and ..... and .........





9 comments:

  1. Recipes when it works. Please,where do you find good recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post that one for you. There are a couple of sites I use all the time. Otherwise, I just wing it! LOL

      Delete
  2. Just read your episode/post about your fun with the California DMV. I cannot help myself I have to say it we love South Dakota's DMV. We were able to get our first plates in the mail with the help of our mail service, then last year Tom was able to get our stickers in the mail no problem. We did have to drive there for our first driver's license but...wait for it...when we finished the paper work and paid the fee they handed us our laminated license. (That is right we did not have to wait for it to come in the mail.) Maybe South Dakota should hold classes or at least share the secret has to how they have accomplished this feat.

    Procrastination every once and awhile along with delicious pie is a wonderful thing.

    Love the quote I am going to change one word, beads have taken the place of material in my life (the whole storage space thing in the motorhome...lol) and use it...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe I forgot to ask...can you PM the recipe for the pie including the crust...please????

      Delete
    2. Hahaha Deb .... beads. I love it!! I'll post the pie recipe.

      Delete
  3. Know the feeling of waiting to do things later but since I might not get to it then I end up doing it Now.
    Sometimes doing things Old School is better then unreliable Modern.
    That pie looks tasty.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... you are one to get it done now. Good for you!! I'm better at putting it off!!

      Delete
  4. Okay, NO procrastinating over emailing me that recipe, okay? :)
    What a lovely frame - you'll figure it out and make her a quilt. Now go have another piece of pie, it's keto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keto is the magic word for "you can eat something decadent and delicious"!!!

      Delete