Saturday, November 16, 2019

Beware the COLD/FLU

It makes you absolutely crazy!!!  Not that I'm not half there already, but this stuff messes with your mind.  One minute I'm happily sitting on the couch and the next minute I'm window washing.  What? Where did THAT come from?

Okay, so I wasn't exactly hanging off the side of a ten story building in my red jump suit .....
I wasn't even hanging off a tall ladder.  I was on a step stool, reaching as far as I could trying to clean off two years of fly specs.  I think this was brought on by the crazy bug still lodged in my brain, that came to life when I cleaned just ONE bathroom.  
After almost a full can of spray and an entire roll of paper towels, I could actually see out of the six huge windows in my family room.  Too bad I was too exhausted and laying flat on the couch to take advantage of the view.  Maybe today I'll pick up all those paper towels still laying on the patio.

It gets worse.  One of my quilting friends sent a link to my phone which the flu bug MADE me open.  It's called Fandominstitches.  If you are a Harry Potter fan, which I'm not, you will quickly be caught up in the free paper piecing patterns on-line, customizing your bookcase like Harry Potter himself had waved a magic wand.

I could feel the bug starting to squiggle.  In no time, I had downloaded and printed out 18 patterns on paper piecing paper.  What's happening to me????  Surely there must be SOMETHING I can eat to kill this nasty bug!!!
Maybe a few more slices of that peanut butter pie will help, which I might add by now is frozen hard as a rock.  After you take that first piece out of the pan, go ahead and cut all the other slices BEFORE you put it back in the freezer.  Otherwise you'll need a hammer and chisel.
Here's the recipe in case you too have the cold bug and need something to sooth your sore throat.
I'm off this morning to help out at the Elks Special Need Kids Bingo.  I couldn't turn down the King when he asked for help with this one.  Everyone wins and everyone gets one or two prizes of their choice from a table overflowing with goodies.  At least it will keep the cold/flu bug in check for a few hours.







4 comments:

  1. Glad you are slowly recovering but we call kids Petri Dishes because they carry all the germs that we seniors catch.
    Be Safe at the Bingo and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy is THAT the truth. A very good reason for me to stay home.

      Delete
  2. Window cleaning a sneaky little trick go to Home Depot they have a house house wash and mildew cleaner The can you hook up to your garden hose
    It's a spray and wash Spray the stuff On let it sit for five minutes and wash it off windows come out sparkling clean
    I do my house once a year but it takes me two of those bottles to do it but I don't have to hire a house cleaner
    It's good on stucco but you'll use more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well that's a nice little trick. I'm definitely going to get some. Would make it SO much easier.

      Delete