Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Curse Follows Me!!!!

This certainly isn't the Valley of the Kings in Egypt and I haven't broken into any tombs lately, so why is the Halloween quilt curse following me everywhere?  It's weird I tell you ... and a tad bit scary!!

Did I mention that while sewing that Halloween quilt on Monday I stepped on a two inch long pin?  Stuck that sucker at least a quarter inch into my foot.  So far in fact, that it was actually really hard to pull out.  It's the curse, I tell you!!!!

So yesterday, I was off to the Magic Kingdom right on time (limping slightly) in order to meet the Knights at the Round Table.  A little sustenance is always required, being served up in chalices fit for a King.  Mine resembled a wine glass.  My "just plain coke" was refreshing and put me on an instant sugar high, since I've pretty much deleted that white stuff from my diet.

At the top of the hour, we all headed off to our appointed dragon-slaying areas.  Some times I really wonder about people, but then always attribute it to old age.  The Castle Lawyer and I almost got in a knock-down drag-out fight over $5.00.

The peasant insisted she had given us the payment for what she KNEW was the winning card.  Alas, she had the missing bill in her hand as she screamed "I GAVE IT TO YOU"!!  We told her three times it was still in her hand, but she refused to listen, so I took the winning card back.

Her eyes got big and panic set in.  That's when she spotted the bill in her hand, which she basically threw at us.  I gave the card back and wished her good luck.  No, she did NOT have a winning card.  C'est la vie!  And so it goes at the Magic Kingdom!
That's when the curse raised it's ugly head again.  The King came in and said my truck taillights were flashing.  What?  No way ... it's a joke.  Yes way he said, so I rushed outside to see what was up.  Too bad I forgot my coat because it was raining like crazy and about 45 degrees.

I saw nothing, but got in to check my horse trailer brake control.  Every once in awhile a ghosty plays around with it.  Nothing.  I locked the door and headed back to the Kingdom.  Suddenly, my backup lights came on.  WHAT THE HECK??

I ran back, jumped in and this time put the key in the ignition.  I played around with the brake control a little, but nothing was out of the ordinary.  It's the curse!!!  I just KNOW it!!!  Either that or I've got an intermittent wiring problem ... the most likely culprit ... with no chance of ever finding it without a mechanic and $1,000.  I ran back inside, now soaking wet and COLD!!!
Yes, it's raining in California.  In fact, it rained all night long.  Our Thanksgiving holiday will be filled with the wet stuff.  Maybe it will even rain hard enough to clean my motorhome, now covered with 20 pounds of dirt from the last wind storm.
I drove home slowly because the OTHER cursed people on the road were driving crazy.  You know how it is with the first rain.

Today I'll figure out what my Chef hat is going to cook for Thanksgiving.  I'm pretty leery about turning on my gas stove, what with the curse and all.  I have a dinner invitation, but think it might be much safer for me to just stay home with the puppies!  There's no use pushing my luck with a curse hanging on to my shirttail.







10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too Patsy!!! I'm getting a little annoyed! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh my.....I think staying home is a very good idea. I don't know how you deal with the bingo crowd. Those people would be too much for me to handle. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a challenge that keeps me going Elva. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

      Delete
  3. We buy a pre-cooked turkey breast and go right for the sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT'S an idea I can use for sure. Although around here, I doubt I could buy a pre-cooked turkey. I'll check on it.

      Delete
  4. For awhile there last night we were rocking and shaking, not too much rain but the wind was hitting us pretty hard for about an hour. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the wind has been bad. Not much here so far! Happy Thanksgiving to you, lovely Marcia and all your family!!

      Delete
  5. Well lets hope that curse leaves soon...get that Halloween Quilt done it sounds like the "cursee"...lol I hate finding straight pins that way...:(

    ReplyDelete