Friday, November 8, 2019

MOM - The Super Hero

Sometimes you just have to dig down deep and fight the monsters with all your might.  Such was the case yesterday morning at 2:00 am (3:00 real time) when the HUGE monster invaded the house, probably sneaking in through the crack under the door.

It was awful ..... it groaned, it growled, it CHIRPED!!!  Jessie instantly headed under the covers while Cooper shook in his boots.  I was oblivious!!!  Nooooooooo .... it will go away!!

Well of course it didn't, so I had no choice but to be the dragon-slayer-hero-KNIGHT of the day.  I drug my biggest ladder out of the garage because only dragons cling to the ceiling of the bedroom where I can't reach.  At least it was dark and the neighbors couldn't see my attire.  There wasn't even time to put my armor on!!

As the puppies cowered on the couch, sure to be eaten at any second, I scrounged through the drawers of the kitchen looking for the best sword I might have.  Swords were in short supply.  At long last, I scaled the castle turret wielding my weapons of destruction!!

Take THAT Mr Dragon!!  I hit him in the throat with my longest lance!  He was a fighter of magnificent proportion!  CHIRP!!  He was still alive!!  I hit him again with the second largest sword and alas, HE FELL!!!  NO MORE CHIRPING!!!!  NO MORE DRAGON!!!
The puppies couldn't believe their eyes, nor did they believe their ears.  Jessie ran out the doggie door and Cooper laid shaking like a leaf on the couch.  Hey kids, it's ok. Mom is a SUPER HERO!!!!  It took fifteen minutes of petting and hugs before Cooper would settle down.  Another ten before he would even get off the couch.  At least my babies were safe!!

Still recovering from the cold/flu devil yesterday, but bored enough to be going crazy, I opted to make a pot of butternut squash soup.  Somehow I remember it tasting much better than it did, or maybe that was cauliflower soup.
Dragon slaying can be mind altering.  I don't know what got into me.  I guess I just saw too many pictures of caramel cheesecakes.  What better treat for a Super Hero!!  It's an instant pot wonder, except wonder of wonders, my brain glitched while I was sewing and I forgot to take it out of the pot after 18 minutes of natural pressure relief.  It was a measly 110 minutes later and magically NOT overdone.  How did THAT happen?
I ended the day by baking that $5 chicken on the bbq.  It's huge ... enough to feed me for the entire week.  No, there will NOT be any enchiladas.  
It was so amazingly beautiful when done, I completely forgot to take a picture.  Fighting monster dragons is hard work and I was starving, so I dug right in.  If you haven't tried this on your Weber Q (or any bbq) ... it's the bomb.  90 minutes on medium low and it's a meal fit for a king (or a super hero)!!

My puppies require an audience this morning ... to shower me with gifts and gold for my dragon slaying skills, I'm sure.  I'll be on the couch .... ready to be Super Mom should another one sneak under the door!!





6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, thanks for the early morning chuckle! Glad you slayed that noisy monster. I just call Bill or actually don't even need to call him, he hears it.
    The cake looks wonderful..........might need your IP instructions and recipe for that one!!
    Glad your chicken was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO much easier in an RV .. no ladder required! I'll send the recipe!

      Delete
  2. Glad everyone has recovered from the unexpected visit of the Dragon.
    That cake looks mighty tasty.
    We love doing our Chickens on the Weber Q.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Castle with all its subjects.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dragon was an early visitor ... probably messed up due to the time change. They usually get taken care of before Thanksgiving!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the smile...my dragon seems to never enjoy the smell of cooking...even without smoke...lol. Luckily for me we have a low ceiling castle, so my lance can easily reach it and immediately stop the roar. Glad to read all is well and everyone survived. That cheesecake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Deb ..... you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!! LOL

      Delete