Wednesday, November 6, 2019

An Interruption In The Space Continuum

Honestly, I don't know what you call it, but time falling back has totally messed up my senses, not to mention my sleeping and my coughing routines.  There's been an interruption in the space continuum that's thrown me for a loop.  I'm pretty sure California does this just so they can keep everyone off balance enough not to notice what's REALLY going on.

I keep all of my clocks on Arizona time ALL the time.  It's just in those early morning hours when I think about how it's really 3:00 now and I know everyone else in the State is getting an extra hour's sleep that I try to hang in bed a little longer.  It never works.

This is how I looked most of yesterday.  I was just awake enough to be bored when NOT coughing, but not tired enough to crash.  There's nothing like that in-between time when you WANT to go grocery shopping because you feel up to it, but you know the second you get out the door you will wish you were back on the couch.
I finally gave up and drug out one of those boxes of quilt stuff.  This paper piecing project was the closest to being done without the purchase of a $9,000 quilting machine.  Yup I had those exact same thoughts!!  You're CRAZY!!!  I'm telling you, it's the time change.

I put it on the board and messed with it for a couple of hours before settling on this pattern.  I stitched two rows together before heading back to the couch with Cooper's look on my face.  It's so bad I'm even watching those most fascinating, show stopping, ever mysteriously ending Christmas shows and it's only November.
I did pretty good until 4:00 when the coughing fits began.  Luckily I called in sick to the Magic Kingdom.  I felt rather guilty, since I haven't been there in four months, but by 6:00 when the hacking began in earnest, I didn't feel so bad at all.

I'm determined to get to the grocery store this morning when the coughing quits for the morning.  I'm getting pretty tired of chicken enchiladas and tuna with a side of scrambled eggs.  The good news is I'll be earlier than everyone else ... by about an hour!!







6 comments:

  1. We feel the same way about the time changes. Wish they would just leave well enough alone. By staying on Arizona time you could visit California in the Summer and New Mexico in the Winter and never travel out of your Time Zone.
    Hoping your back to your peppy self again soon because it looks like your family really misses you.
    Nice Quilt Pattern.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the down time.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never thought of that time zone thing ... that's a pretty good idea. I think I'm finally on the mend.

      Delete
  2. I have always hated the time change thing but this year for some reason it has been harder to take the early darkness. We should all follow Arizona's lead and leave the time alone.
    Hope the cough subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure makes for some long television watching hours. I think it's bedtime and it's only 6:00!!!

      Delete
  3. Your last line made me laugh. It's good that you still have a sense of humor in the midst of all this irritation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to make people laugh ... it makes me laugh in return!!!

      Delete