Thursday, February 14, 2019

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

I get a lot of junk mail in my in-box.  Mostly I just ignore it and delete .. delete .. delete.  Then there are those times that I think ... hmmmmm maybe THIS one is real.  So when I received this one from Microsoft about closing my email account, I was intrigued.

Email Security Alert .... that will get your attention!  I was informed if I didn't CLICK HERE and update my account, it would be closed.  That works for me ... just close the darn thing.  It causes me no end of pains in the patooty trying to make sure I don't click on something I shouldn't.

This one said February 12 was the magic day when my email would cease to exist.
Yesterday, I got THIS one.  Microsoft has again chosen to close my email account, but apparently they are giving me two days grace period.  NOW the date is February 14.  The Sherlock Holmes in me decided to pay them a visit.
There are easy ways to determine who these actually come from.  Nine times out of ten, they are from the UK, or at least that's their email address location.  THIS one was different.  Mr. M K Relani at hotmail.com sent these.  

You have completely fallen down on the job MK.  At the very least, you should have set up an email account out of the country.  If I knew how to do it, I would deluge your account with nonsensical emails until you closed it.  Not that it would help at all, but it would just give you a taste of your own medicine.
This one is the funniest of the day.  When I logged on to my MiFi this morning, what should appear but the FBI Surveillance Van.  I'm pretty sure this isn't real, but it did make me look twice.  The top one is new to this area, as is the FBI.  Simple is the only one that has been around for awhile.  Maybe I said the wrong word too many times and they are after me!!  Hahahaha
Here's one you just can't make up.  I kept seeing these pretty pictures along with an ad for Paint By Numbers.  I finally took the bait and checked them out.  Remember when you were a kid and you got one or two pictures of horses to paint ... or maybe it was Elvis.  

I admit, I got pulled in by a beautiful image of Paris.  Not this one, but another.  How could you lose with only a $20 investment?  

It took about two days to get the email that said your Paint By Numbers is "on it's way".  Here's your tracking number.  I waited ten days before checking to see when I might expect delivery.  Ummmm wait .... it says that number does not exist.  

I was not the least bit surprised because I had just read in tiny tiny print that it was coming from China, as in a slow boat from.  I cracked up laughing because I'm pretty sure I will never see the painting or the $20.  

Still, I'm going to harass them incessantly whether I get it or not.  I sent out an email saying WHERE'S MY PAINTING?  The nice guy responded that their "hard working friends" in China were celebrating Chinese New Year and were on vacation.  Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.  They would be back soon and my painting would be on it's way.  
Do I believe him?  Of course NOT!!  The only thing I can say in my defense is that I ordered it through Amazon, so if I don't get it, I'm pretty sure I will get a refund.  I just checked the tracking number again for $hit$ and giggles.  Why am I not surprised .... it's all in Chinese, which of course I can't read, but that's better than "we've never seen that tracking number before in our lives".  I'll keep you posted.  

Oh and there is even MORE, but I'll tell you about that tomorrow!!  This morning, Miss Patty and I are off to the fabric store!!  Wahoo!!!!!

Oh ... and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!







18 comments:

  1. Type in A rainy night in Paris painting You could’ve gotten one directly from Paris for 19.99 AN it would’ve been a copy of the real McCoy
    If you bought it off Amazon if nothing else you’ll probably get your money back
    What you do next time is take a high digital photograph of it
    Run it through your copier put a frame on it and hang it in the bathroom
    But here is my big question you live in Arizona why are you buying a Paris picture it doesn’t fit the decor of the Southwest
    The south west is Branding iron Cow skulls and mountain scenery
    I know you liked the pretty colors🌈🌸🌼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never thought of taking a photograph and printing it out. No, it certainly isn't Arizona, but it will be fun to see how badly I can screw up the painting! LOL

      Delete
  2. I’ll tell you what I’ll do I’ll swap you 10 a day PCH ( publishing clearance house )
    Worth $5 million or $1000 a week for life you’re guaranteed to be a winner if you will send me one delete my email spam
    BU You can keep the painting as a gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always Scammers everywhere you turn and most of them hitch a ride on someone else's E-mail address.
    Heard reports that the FBI are investigating reports of Non-authorized Interstate Food Burial Sites.
    Our neighbour here at La Posa South has been using FBI Van for years. Someone is using her MO.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Valentines Shopping with Patty.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh ..... I'm in trouble!!! It's the first time I've heard of that one. Thinking I'll name mine CIA!!!

      Delete
  4. Too funny, at least you're on top of it all.
    Happy Valentine's Day, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about the phone calls I keep getting that say they are from the IRS and there is a warrant out for my arrest? I must call the number back immediately! I have thought about calling them and tell them to come and get me, I need the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Ray ... that's funny!!!! I've gotten a few of those also.

      Delete
  6. Well they are keeping you entertained, Happy Valentines Day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do ..... Happy Valentines Day to you Both!!

      Delete
  7. Mmmmmmmmm, fabric shopping. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much Allison ... especially when it's with a big discount!!

      Delete
  8. Nancy, there is NO BETTER day than today to tell you how much I LOVE . . . . your blog (bet you were worried there for a moment). I appreciate how you post EVERY DAY (unlike me) and it is very uplifting or interesting or fun or all three. Can't wait till we can get together again.... Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you and what you have to say each and every day. --Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Dave!! I appreciate your kind thoughts. Hopefully it brings a smile and a chuckle now and then!!

      Delete
  9. An item I ordered from Amazon also turned out to be a seller in China. My slow boat did eventually arrive, though. I hope that turns out to be the case for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda .... I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath!!

      Delete