Wednesday, February 13, 2019

One More Time

I love driving down this road to my house.  You never know what the sky is going to look like.  It almost looks like I'm on top of the clouds looking down, rather than underneath them.  Anyone know if this weird mashed-potato looking formation has a name?
Here's some good news ... Pat and Patty had one more time to celebrate their birthdays.  I'm sure there will be many many more, which I'm very thankful for.  Not only are they great friends that I hope stick around for a very long time, but I LOVE birthday cake!!!  Unfortunately, Pat was sick and wasn't able to partake in our cake and ice cream sewing party.  No worries Pat, we saved half of it for you!!
One more time, here is a Hello Fresh meal served up nicely in a bag.  Pineapple poblano beef tacos.  I cut up the poblano before I thought to take a picture.  This one was very simple and simply delicious!!
I diced up the pepper, one of the two tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and the pineapple to make a tasty salsa.  Not shown, the lime, salt and pepper that made it pretty tasty.  Next up, fry more onions, the other half of the poblano pepper and the beef, along with the spice packet.  

Squeeze as I might, I could not get any more juice out of the lime to add to the sour cream, which I don't much care for anyway.  I used some lemon juice from the fridge.  Here's a picture of ONE serving, since this actually made six tacos. 
My version wasn't quite as pretty, but that first bite tasted WONDERFUL.  One more time and one more bite, just to make sure it was good before wolfing down the entire plate.  I've made lots of tacos in my life, but these were the tastiest I've had.  They didn't even have CHEESE on them!!  
I had enough left over for two more meals.  By the way, I actually have been trying to order the healthy, low calorie versions of Hello Fresh.  You can even order all vegetarian.  So far I'm excited about the ease of prep, the freshness of the food and the amount you get.  If anyone wants to try it (you can cancel any time) I have some $40 off coupons you can use.  Just send me a note in Messenger and I'll give you the coupon number.

In this particular case, I figure the healthy tacos cancelled out all those cake calories.  I'm definitely ordering this one again!  Or maybe ... just maybe ... I can keep the best recipes and purchase the groceries myself.  At some point I will do a test shopping trip and compare prices.  In the meantime, Swedish meatloaf is next on the menu.

I have to be honest, I would much rather be showing pictures of critters rather than my test kitchen, but alas, it's been so cold and windy that going out hasn't been an option.  I'm getting photo fever.  Hopefully the weather will warm up soon!!




6 comments:

  1. Another tasty meal you enjoyed, And hopefully soon the weather will warm up for you, not too bad for us here further south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, I didn't need my ski parka this morning. I think warm just might be on it's way.

      Delete
  2. Do they give the sodium amounts on the packaging? These meals look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison, it's all fresh food. There's no salt in anything unless you add it. The bags come with raw meat (kept cold by cold packs), raw vegetables and spice packets. Even the spices did not have salt. You add your own.

      Delete
  3. Looks like tasty food but like Allison we try to keep our Sodium intake down.
    According to yesterday's forecast we had beautiful weather coming this way. Today's forecast it's Gone with the Wind.
    Be Safe and Enjoy this changing (Brrr) Weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no salt in this food .... you add it to your taste, which is none in my case. It has been breezy in the mornings, but the afternoons have finally warmed up a tad.

      Delete