Thursday, February 7, 2019

How Far Can A Pea Roll?

Alas, I am sad to inform you that yesterday's trip to Tubac was cancelled due to weather.  The rain just would not stop until it turned into snow.  You will have to click on this picture to make it big enough to see.  Actual snow .... in the desert .... came down in big flakes.  Nothing stuck for long, but it fell for about two hours.

There's nothing worse than driving around the desert in these rain storms.  It's where the name gully washers came from and it can be dangerous, even if you DO have 4-wheel drive.
What to do ..... what to do.  I know ... let's answer the age old question ... how far can a pea roll!!

Jonathan was getting dangerously low on muffins, so I decided to bake some.  I knew where the sunflower seeds were ... laying in the pie crust pan.  With milk in one hand, I grabbed the edge of the bag with my other, not really looking.  

I heard this strange sound, kind of plinking.  In the wink of an eye, there were frozen peas across the entire kitchen.  Good grief Charlie Brown!!!  Everything came to a screeching halt while I scooped them up.  It didn't take long since I'm rather experienced in this method ... the big bowl of dog food for example.

I reached back in the fridge and another deluge, apparently hung up in the wire baskets, came flying out in all directions.  Totally defeated, I scooped up another huge batch off the floor.  I think there are still some hiding under the fridge.  They'll become friends with the dog food, I'm sure.
So how far can a frozen pea roll?  I just KNOW you are fascinated to hear it's 13-1/2 feet, clear over to my computer table.
After all of that, I was so distracted, I forgot to put the sunflower seeds IN Jonathan's biscuits.  I did add honey this time, and he seemed to approve.  Happy bird, happy Mom.
The snow stopped long enough for me to take a lovely picture of a dandelion.  It's what photographers do when they are bored.
So THIS morning we are off to the Tubac Festival again.  It is currently 27 degrees, getting down to 26 before we depart.  It's supposed to be a hot 45 degrees this afternoon, with sun all day long.  My ski parka is coming back out of the closet.

Sadly, I can't seem to find the chocolate lava cake recipe.  I'll keep looking and post it as soon as I locate it's hiding place.






12 comments:

  1. 13 1/2 feet that is a pretty good distance guess that guy win the race. Have fun in Tubac and try to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy just how far they went. I figure I'll be finding them for the next few days.

      Delete
  2. Brrr, crazy weather! Our friends won't be happy, they are in the Tuscon KOA for 2 months.
    I was reading about chocolate lava cake in the instant pot. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We came down here to avoid that white stuff.
    Have fun in Tubac and try to keep warm.
    Be Safe and Enjoy finding all the peas.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey next time try frozen cranberries I’ll bet you could have done at least 13 and 3/4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Nancy, I can't pealieve it was further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha .... it might have been, I just haven't found them yet!

      Delete
  6. A perfect wishing dandelion. I think they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they pretty? Unfortunately, that means seeds all over my yard!!! LOL

      Delete