Monday, February 25, 2019

Hanging In There

It was a beautiful morning yesterday as the sun came over the mountain making for pink tinged skies.  Super cold nighttime temperatures kept it hanging in there for another day.  I think it got down to 27 before it started to warm up.
The mountains around are just gorgeous with their dusting of snow.  By the end of the day, this would all be a very nice memory.
I never thought I would EVER see this.  My rig is terribly allergic when it comes to snow.
Help ..... I'm MELTING!!!  The sun came out and completely obliterated the white landscape.
My back yard hung in there though, being enveloped in shadows most of the day.  There's even MORE yellow snow NOW!  By the end of the day there was still five inches of icy cold covering the entire yard.  I'm pretty sure that's going to make for very dead grass.
In the meantime, here's that Korean dish Bibimbap I was telling you about.  You cook ground beef until very brown and crispy, adding in cooked vegetables at the end.  This is hot stuff.  The recipe called for almost two tablespoons of sriracha sauce.  Oh mamma ... that would have burned my mouth something terrible.  I went with a teaspoon.
My first problem here was the lack of a potato peeler to make those nice curly strips of carrot.  Left only with a paring knife, I did my best not to fillet my finger.  It completely lost something in the translation.
I didn't have the wide flat bowl to make it pretty, and pickled onions are not on my edible list.  Somewhere under all that meat is zucchini and mushrooms, along with a sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar concoction.  Surprisingly, it was quite edible.  Enough for FOUR meals for me.
I'm not sure this will be a repeat customer, but it was rather tasty, in spite of it's looks.

I was a big bump on a log yesterday, having gotten caught up in Johnny Depp's version of Tonto in the Lone Ranger.  To make matters even worse, Greystoke Tarzan Returns came on next.  That's a movie I had not seen before and was very intrigued with the special effects.  Okay, I admit he DID run around almost the entire movie without a shirt.  I just might have to buy that CD.

Today is quilting with girlfriends, so I better get my act together.  







6 comments:

  1. That looks like and interesting tasty meal you put together, hopefully your snow will soon be gone and temperatures warm up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, trying new meal variations. It looks good, Nancy, even if you never make it again, you've done it.
    The snow on the mountains is pretty but not on your coach. It just doesn't look happy.
    Oh and Johnny Depp in Tonto........in anything........or nothing.....it is all a big *sigh*.
    Have fun quilting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors. He's just so good at becoming the character!

      Delete
  3. Definitely don't want to see Snow on any RVs.
    The more often you do a dish if not for yourself but others, the more you hone the craft of presentation.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Quilting.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to never see that sight again ... snow on my rig. It's scary!!

      Delete