Thursday, February 28, 2019

My View From Below

Meet my floor!!  In spite of some nice looking carpet, it's hard as a rock.  Maybe harder.  I have become very close to my carpet in the last two days while my butt became increasingly numb.  It doesn't matter how many pillows or dog blankets I sat on, I was a wiggle butt trying to get just a tad bit more comfortable.
Here's the problem.  The KID follows me everywhere.  Even if he's asleep on the couch and I can sneak to the kitchen without waking him, as soon as I turn around, there he is.  He just doesn't let me get three feet from him.  That phenomenon occurs even when he's hurting, and maybe more so, which doesn't bode well for healing.  

This was my view from below for most of the day.  If I stay sat or laying down, so does he, making his back problem disappear all the faster, helped along with some cortisone and muscle relaxants.  Those with bad backs can probably relate.
Yup ... he's in there, and so am I.  In spite of turning the heat up, it was COLD on the floor.  By the end of the day, I had FOUR quilts piled up.  The good news is it was worth all the aches and pains.  This morning he's walking like normal again.  
Every time I took the puppies outside, I would grab three more bricks and put them in place.  It's looking good, right?  Uh no.  One of those times I finally grabbed a roll of tie-up-the-turkey string and strung it between two stakes.  It looks nice and straight, but it's WAY off.  Well that was deflating.  Here I thought I was doing so good.

I moved and entire line over a bit and was excited to see how nice it looked.  At least until I got back up on the patio and saw how it had a three foot bump in the middle.  It's not the least bit level.  Well rats!!!!
Cooper helped ... this was BEFORE he got hurt.  The ball is beneath his left front foot.  That's the game.  If I ignore him, he will roll it towards me with his nose, then bark until I roll it back.  Little does he know there will be no ball games around here for at least a week.
I think Cooper is well enough I can sneak out today for the rest of the blocks I need.  At least I'll only have to unload 26 ... a hunk and a half.  

In more good news, the weather has finally shifted to warm.  It's supposed to be 71 today.  Perfect brick setting weather.





8 comments:

  1. Yeah with this wonderful warm sunny weather we sure are enjoying it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Days are good, but nights are still freezing!!

      Delete
  2. If you have a twin top mattress in the spare bedroom why don’t you just throw that on the bedroom floor why does it have to be the living room No matter which room you’re in and the dogs are sure to follow
    I think what you need is one of those jolly jumpers You remember the kind you used to hang from the door jam For kids
    If you put the dog in there with his 4 feet hanging out,,, half a foot off the ground He can run like hell but can’t go anywhere
    And if by chance you happen to have a canopy bed so close but so far away and think of a good night sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I have NO bed in the spare room. I remember those jolly jumpers! With my luck, he would fall out the bottom and hurt himself even worse!!!

      Delete
  3. There has to be something better than you sleeping on the floor every time one of the kids has a problem.
    Have the same Bricks on our Home Site. Even using a String they will be uneven but that's the way they are supposed to look especially after the Lawnmower Wheel hits them a few times.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is ... a mattress on the floor! LOL Trouble is, he seems to get better ever time just before I buy one. He's not fooling me this time however .... I'm buying an air mattress!
      I sure like these bricks, but boy are they HEAVY!!!

      Delete
  4. Seriously you are a way better mom/woman than I am. Back quite a few years ago Tom's back went out and the doctor told him to sleep on the floor. When asked, I said, if my back goes out you can sleep in the bed and that is where I went...lol
    Love you pictures of the snow it is beautiful especially in pictures. In your first picture of the snowman he looked like a pretty good size then I saw the picture next to your baby...:)
    Another beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're funny Deb .... it's not only the pain of a hard floor, it's the getting up and down!!

    ReplyDelete