Thursday, January 14, 2016

Where's My Sunglasses!!

The first order of business yesterday was getting both our rigs washed and waxed, including the roofs, as well as both our Jeeps.  It's so shiny I needed my sunglasses!!  Too bad we are both headed to dusty, dirty, windy Quartzsite!!
We paid a little more this time, but for a different company who did an exceptional job.
Once my Jeep was done, Patty and I left with a flyer from JoAnn's that said their 100% cotton was 40% off.  You just can't beat that with a stick!!  We both loaded up on these grey and yellow fabrics for one quilt and I picked up a large container that was almost filled to the brim by the end of the day.  JoAnn's fabric ..... $40 (including the $20 container).
Grandma Jo's was our second stop ... you know the one ... it has a skeleton outside the door of a husband still waiting for his wife.  The lighting was terrible, so he didn't want his picture taken.  You know how men are!!
The most wonderful ladies work here, always helpful and a joy to pick out fabric with.  Not really visible, but these are mostly metallics.  I even found backing for a couple of projects at home.
And of course I had to have some Southwestern designs to match a log cabin quilt they had hung on the wall.  Can you believe it?  That was all I bought.  I sat down when they told me how much my purchases came to!!  If you really want to get your heart rate up, just buy close to 17 yards of fabric!!  Grandma Jo's fabric ... $213.00!!  I think I need to visit JoAnn's more often!!
On our quick trip to Mexico Tuesday, I picked up this pitcher to hold utensils.  I only have two narrow drawers for this kind of stuff, and they were always getting stuck so I couldn't open them.  I put all the biggest utensils in this pitcher on my counter, held down with museum clay.  Now I have lots of room in the drawers and a "pretty" on my counter.
My last problem of the day to solve was trying to find someone to deliver propane to my rig.  I got a number from the office, but the answering machine only spoke Spanish, then cut me off.  We stopped in at Cactus Propane just 200 yards away, but they couldn't fit me in.  Lucky for me, the gal at the desk was really nice!  She called Rami Gas and asked him to service my rig the next day ... and he agreed.  YAY!!!  I'll have enough propane to run my heater again.  With temperatures in the 40's at night, it's been rather chilly!!

We've been running around all day every day since we got here ... what do they say?  No rest for the wicked?  I never really classified myself that way, but between the Rally and here, I'm beat.  After a dinner of the best beef stew ever, made by Chef Dan Chance, the puppies and I crashed on the couch.  They didn't quite leave me enough room to curl up, so I finally hit the sack!!
Today is the Yuma Flea Market, the one that has everything you don't REALLY need.  At noon, I have to be back for propane, and while I wait, I'm going to reorganize my basement to allow room for the two tables I bought in Indio for the Golden Spike Rally.  They've been sliding around in the back of my car long enough.




4 comments:

  1. Vyaadka like shiny motorhouse. Vyaadka almost like REVENANT but Vyaadka is Vyvenant which mean one who comes back from Vodka. Vyaadka have question, what is tequila?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you come back from Vodka a LOT!!! Tequila is to Mexico what Vodka is to Russia!!! Only I think the hangover is MUCH worse!!

      Delete
  2. There's another quilt shop at the flea market. They even have sale material. You can never have too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw that yesterday. NICE shop!! He's the one that told us about Grandma's last year. From now on I'm keeping my patterns in my purse so I know how much to buy!! LOL

      Delete