Tuesday, January 12, 2016

THE REVENANT .....

Tucked into our RV park safe and sound, it was time to rest up!  Yeah right ..... the list grows longer and longer, with a myriad of things to do every single day!!  Our first stop was the RV Super Store.  It's a wonder I get out the door with under $100 worth.  They have everything you could ever ask for, including duct tape (left mine home) and gorilla tape, both of which will be used to repair Jonathan's broken cage floor from a couple of years ago.
I got little bumpers for the cabinet doors, these pans to cook Jonathan's biscuits in and of course a brownie pan.  Very versatile, a brownie pan!!  Yes, Jon gets biscuits, filled with all the goodies he refuses to eat .... like sweet potatoes, carrots and bananas.  I eyed the ceramic knives that were on sale for 50% off, but they were all too big.  
With full bags, we headed off to the theatre to see REVENANT.  I realize this is Snowbird City, but I had no idea there would be THAT many people here at 12:45.  The place was packed!!  Once up to the box office, I saw why .... $5.00 for a ticket.  

This is a MUST see.  Of course winning several Golden Globe awards helped, but this is a great edge-of-your-seat movie.  Here's the gist of it, based on a true story ... in 1823 Hugh Glass (Leonardo DiCaprio) is mauled by a bear while on a hunting trip for pelts and left for dead by John Fitzgerald (Tom Hardy) and a young Jim Bridger (we've all heard that name).  Revenant means one who comes back from the dead ... and he does, to seek revenge, not for leaving him, but for the death of his son Hawk.   
Shot on site in Canada, Argentina and the U.S., it has taken 12-15 years to get it in the can so to speak, and believe me, you won't be disappointed.  There's some Oscar winning performances here.  If the bear part (computer generated) bothers you, just close your eyes like I did.  I really don't need any more bear nightmares!!  It was so good, I would even go see it a second and third time.
Back to reality, Patty and I hit the grocery store and came home just in time to view this beautiful sunset.  I just love Arizona ... except for the old folks slow-as-a-snail driving and even slower shopping basket navigation!!  Why do they always stop right in the middle of the aisle so no one can get by???
Today we have a couple of choices ... Algodones or JoAnns for quilt material 40% off.  Hard to pick, right??  I'll let you know the final decision tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment