Friday, January 22, 2016

Brrrrrrrrr ... I Thought The Desert Was HOT!!!

It actually was perfect weather the entire time we were in Quartzsite, except for at night, so I expected the same in Tucson.  It's still the desert, right??  No, I was wrong!!  Further East in Tucson Arizona, it's COLD!!!

This was the last view of the RV show as we left around 9:00, headed for our first stop at the dump station on Kuehn Road.  While the Chance rig got propane and dumped at this one stop shop, I discovered that 6 out of 10 of my Tire Tracker sensors weren't reading.  That's funny ... they worked fine four days ago.  

Lucky for me, I purchased ten new batteries in Indio and put them to good use.  At this point I only have one that can't be read, but I'll trouble shoot it later.  We're on a mission to get to the Last Chance Ranch!!
The purple and blue mountains kept us company the entire way, with only a quick stop for the puppies.  For the most part, the road is smooth as a baby's bottom, but those rough sections caused poor Jonathan some stress.  I found him wadded up and stuffed in his dinner bowl.  Determined to give him a better ride, I tried to stay in the left lane when it got bumpy.
It didn't take long to hit Saguaro country, although many don't look very healthy.  On the other hand, the white cholla cactus was blooming everywhere!!
At exit 208 on Highway 10, least I think that's where we were, Dan did a drive through of a fuel station with me dutifully following behind, looking for the guys to polish his wheels.  Not there, we jumped back on the freeway to the next exit and found this place.  
I never did see a sign, so I have no idea what the name is ... it's north (?) of the freeway if that helps!  For $5.00 a wheel, they polish them to sparkly perfection ... trust me, you'll need sunglasses!!  This is the before picture of mine ... I promise to get an after picture later.
Cooper kept an eye out to be sure the big dog barking and hitting the end of the chain didn't hurt me.  Jessie said she could take him ... she KNEW she could, even though he outweighed her by about 50 pounds!!
With three guys working, they were done in no time.  For $20 (plus a tip), our wheels are shiny and bright!!  Notice the long sleeve shirts and jackets?  Chilly city!!
In no time we were in the middle of Tucson, just passing through.  We stopped for fuel at a Flying J, then wound our way through the foothills to the Chance Ranch.
With little breakfast and no lunch, I was starving ... I kept hearing that Deluxe Burrito calling my name ... so Rancho Rustico graciously cooked dinner for us.  It doesn't look like much, but this place has the best chips and salsa, nice atmosphere, very attentive staff and mmmmmm' good food!!
It was about then that I checked my phone for the weather.  33 degrees!!!  What's up with that??  I thought this was the desert ... you know, hot, sunny ..... This week it's supposed to get down to 31 for several nights.  The good news is that I'm plugged into a 50 amp service that's plugged into a solar setup.  Jonathan will keep warm and toasty ... as well as the puppies and I.

I think today will be a rest up day, as the wind blows that now 31 degree air around making it feel like 20!!  Time for a little puppy love, cleaning and reorganization so I can find things, like my walkie talkie charger and the cord for my wi-fi!!  I think it's time for my down jacket too!!





No comments:

Post a Comment