Tuesday, January 21, 2014

YUMA ... NOT EXACTLY A DESTINATION!!

I realize Yuma IS a destination for lots of old folks ... I mean Snow Birds ... but for people as active as Patty, Dan and I, it's not exactly teeming with adventure!!  The biggest draw for me was the Yuma Prison and Supply Depot, which we spent several hours at last year.  The trip to the Peanut Patch wasn't quite what we are used to.  After several trips to Wally World, we've purchased just about everything we could possibly ever use!!  So what do we do now???  How about a drive up town to look at the stores??  NOOOOO ... that puts us in the realm of "old folks", which Patty quickly reminded me we ARE!!  So, since groceries for Quartzsite are still on the list, we took off ONE more time!!  After much discussion about lunch, we ended up at Golden Corral for another SENIOR late lunch.  

Earlier in the day as Dan and I did some outside chores, we met some new people ... the Assistant Managers of this park.  They have just been employed by Patty and Dan's old boss, the Corringtons in Skagway and stopped in to say Hi (due to Dan's Alaska license plate) and ask a few questions.  It is definitely a small world!!

We arrived back at our rigs just in time to see this balloon cruise over the park.  
Just another exciting day in Yuma!!!!!
At Bealls (like Marshalls and Ross) I found a really nice dog bed for Jessie.  Actually it did say kitty bed, but I didn't think she would care.  Hmmm my sense of size isn't what it used to be ... Jessie seems to be much bigger than I thought!!  She doesn't exactly fit!!
But obviously she doesn't care WHAT size it is ... she snuggled up anyway!!  Too funny ... I'm pretty sure we are going to donate it to Miss Snoopy from the Chance residence!!!
For those interested in the final results of the Costa Rica trip ... for all our troubles, including the missed flight, the miserable red-eye flight and layover in Miami resulting in no sleep for 36 hours, they have given us $200 each for our "inconvenience",  a credit to my Visa account of $60 each, we suppose for the airport food we had to purchase, and a $200 voucher to use on another trip before December 2014.  You KNOW that's not going to happen!!!  I think most people will take the money and run, as I'm sure I read in their contract that arbitration would be required ... and they live in Rhode Island!!   I would like to visit Costa Rica again some day, but it won't be with Collette!!

This morning we head out for our next destination ... the Big Q ... Quartzsite to see some crazies and check out the Big Tent as well as the many flea markets on steroids!!  Don't worry, I won't be tying my dogs OUTSIDE to be coyote bait.  They'll be safely inside or with me every second!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment