Saturday, January 18, 2014

THE SEAHAWKS FORTY NINERS SCOOP!!

I think I can barely see a minutely small light at the end of the cold/flu tunnel.  At least I didn't cough as much yesterday as the day before.  The swelling has gone down too ... oh yeah, I forgot to mention this one.  The guys know what this is about ... the slide-out and my eyebrow had a boxing match, and of course I lost!!

While Patty and Dan went to Algodones Mexico in the morning, I hung out with the puppies until I gained enough strength to hit Joann's Fabric Store and Albertsons for some groceries.

With 40% off, I couldn't pass up this knitting book and a couple skeins of yarn.  I've started one project three times now ... I keep dropping stitches, so maybe it's time for a new pattern!
I drove through Cactus Propane so I can see where to get the tank filled on our way to Quartzite, called three places for dryer repairs, to no avail and headed to Albertsons near the Marine Corps Air Base for groceries.  THAT turned out to be an exciting experience!!  Just as I and two other people got out of our vehicles, a large but rather quiet plane came almost close enough to touch the top of the building, before making a VERY sharp 90 degree turn and screaming off.  We all just stood there with our mouths open, not believing how close he came to landing in the parking lot.  WOW!!!

Now exhausted, I headed back to the rig where I planned on becoming a couch potato, but Patty and Dan drove in with Patty suggesting we hit the indoor flea market while we could ... so off we went again for shopping, shopping, shopping.  Purses, kitchen utensils and a blue denim shirt made it into our bags.

Dinner was another Patty masterpiece of rice/chicken/broccoli casserole with veges and corn muffins.    My personal chef is back!!!!!
So for the football news ... yesterday, I saw one of my friends on Facebook, who is a diehard Seahawks fan, making comments about Go Hawks and all that nonsense.  It irks me that they are not selling tickets to California, so I made a comment asking her what the deal was.  So here's the scoop directly from Seattle!!  There were less than 3,000 tickets available (What does that have to do with limiting sales in California?)  SHE says 43 other states were included with California (hmmm that's not what the media said, I read only 6).  Supposedly, Denver limited their tickets also (never heard that one).  The Seahawks are saying that the decision was made long before they knew who they would be playing, because before the SAINTS game, brokers were buying up all the tickets and reselling them at a higher price.  (But isn't that what even StubHub does for your season ticket holders??  And don't you think there are brokers in the States you are LETTING buy tickets?? Maybe you should limit the number of tickets per sale!!)  At any rate, I've never known San Francisco to limit sales to keep people out of OUR stadium!!   I think they are so afraid of losing that they want to be sure every seat is filled with THEIR fans ... otherwise, the Hawks don't have a chance!!  

GO NINERS!!!!! 


2 comments:

  1. GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahaha Thanks David!!! And thanks to the referees that made so many bad calls against the Niners!!!

      Delete