Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Came In With A Bang!!!

Grumpy Nancy here ... I know you're supposed to be all happy and excited for the New Year ... and I really tried my best, but after the second bomb landed next to my bedroom window and lit up the room like a lightning flash, I was out of bed like a shot.

I'm getting ahead of myself ... I spent a nice relaxing evening with the puppies, smoking a couple of huge chunks of pork.  I watched a little of Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year, but was having trouble figuring out how it could be LIVE ... in New York ... at 10:00 pm our time, with no drop of the ball ... and not be midnight in New York.  Maybe "COPS" would be better TV watching!!  I packed up the pork and the puppies and I were off to bed about 10:30 ... I haven't stayed up late on New Years for about ten years.

At 11:00 I woke with a start ... there was a big crash in my front yard.  I grabbed the gun and ran around turning on every light outside to see who was stealing what!!  Seems the neighbor ran over his mailbox AGAIN!!

Finally back to sleep, it happened!!!  BANG!!!  Blinding light!!  BOOM!!!  More blinding light.  This was a bigger ... and certainly MUCH closer ... light show than the City of Atwater Fourth of July celebration!!  My first thought is for my scared horse ... running around the corral like crazy, or at least as fast as he can go with arthritis!!  I ran to the barn and called him to me.  I think he would have gotten in my lap if I let him ... but I just held his neck and rubbed his face.  All the while, the fireworks continued.  It just makes me SOOOO MAD that these stupid people who live in my neighborhood, pull this kind of trick with fireworks meant for the San Francisco waterfront!!!  I didn't hear any gunshots, but the fireworks went on for 30 minutes!!  At least I'm glad I don't live right next door to the idiots!!

Horse finally calmed down, I headed back to bed where I lay awake the rest of the night!!  I'm sure today I will spend time capturing stray dogs in my yard who escaped with the first BOOM!!

I'm thinking tonight I'll drive up to the idiots bedroom window with my rig, turn the lights on high and hit the air horn for 30 minutes or so .. just to see what their reaction will be!!!

Happy New Year neighbors!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment