Saturday, January 25, 2014

ANOTHER NO INTERNET DAY!!!

Today my MIFi says I have 40% signal, but it still won't load a page. I'm relegated to my phone again!!  It rained last night, getting me up extra early, but that didn't help either.

Off we went early yesterday to get in all the rest of the flea markets before Patty and Dan head home for their RV shade build.  I'm staying a couple of extra days.

I have seen some amazing pieces of history, as well as a bunch of junk. The hard part is telling the difference. There are some great Indian pieces, including some peace medals from 1792. I'd love to have one, but don't know how to authenticate them. For $600, you better know your stuff.   I'm not the gambling type, so I left empty handed.

The Quartzsite Improvement Association has a gem and mineral show that we stopped at for a couple hours--least Patty and I did. I finally got up the nerve to ask lots of stupid questions and learned a LOT about rocks, or rather gemstones!!  The most beautiful came from Russia. There are even several people here from Lebanon. One nice lady said those guys really know their stuff.  Rather than buy the raw rock and spend thousands on polishing equipment, I bought a couple pieces already cut and polished. It was hard to choose since there are an amazing number of colors, some rare, some not.  Along with the stones were booths full of jewelry made from the stones. Most rather expensive, but all beautiful. I plan to try my hand at wire wrapping the two I purchased.

Back home, Dan barbecued some steaks, followed up by the rest of the cherry pie!!  With cloudy skies this morning, I'm hoping for a nice sunrise. I probably won't be able to post it for a day or so until I move on down the road closer to civilization!

No comments:

Post a Comment