Saturday, January 11, 2014

ICE CREAM SOCIAL, RALLY DAY 3!!




WE

HAVE

ICE

CREAM!!!!!


Dan and I were so busy getting set up, putting up signs and delivering ice cream once the truck got there, that I had no time to take ANY images of the event.  With two frantic calls to the driver who couldn't figure out how to get to where we were, he finally arrived at 11:40, in plenty of time to get the ice cream out before the hoards of people swamped the amphitheater.  

When Dan and I returned from deliveries, we found this sight awaiting us.  Everyone ate their ice cream and left!!!
Several of us stayed until the last minute to be sure everyone got their due.  You definitely don't want to short these RV'rs their ice cream.
I can't thank everyone enough for all their help.  This is a big deal with lots of hard work ... and you were troopers, including Ed Price who picked up all the empty boxes and drove them to the garbage bin in his scooter!!!  Today we do it all again with a new truck driver!!  

You thought that was it???  It went so well and we were done???   Unfortunately that wasn't the end.  The Commercial Exhibitors overestimated their numbers, resulting in 12 boxes of leftover ice cream. I got the call before we even returned to our rigs!  My mind raced as I thought about every members possible freezer space.  Probably not a good option ... but I did remember that the Junior Exhibit Building had several freezers that might work.  An hour later, I received the last phone call that the ice cream was safe and cold for the night.  There was no relaxing however ... because today we hit the grass again for one more round of ice cream social!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment