Sunday, January 26, 2014

NO SAFETY NET!!

I guess the band just isn't wide enough for all of us, as I still can't load pictures.  I should have tried around 2 am when I was up coughing for several hours. Yup, still getting over my cold!!

My safety net disappeared yesterday and it's not a very good feeling!!  It's like being a trapeze artist with no net. I know I can swing with the best of them, but what if I slip?  It's the what ifs that are uncomfortable!!  In case you didn't guess, Patty and Dan left yesterday morning. I lasted a couple hours before contacting Barb and Tom Westerfield who are still parked in Boomerville about 7 miles away.  We visited for a few hours where I learned some more full time RV information, mostly about batteries and inverters and got to play with Kitty Pansy!!

With a $14K roof bill hanging over my head, I bypassed the fleas and opted for a long puppy walk and some afternoon photography. People here are very friendly and my Tiffin neighbors struck up a conversation I could have done without!!  They own a 2005 gas rig and proceeded to tell me MY rig came from the era of no quality control, water logged floors rotting, broken slide rollers and roof cap misalignments. I could have gone all day without hearing THAT!!  Really, all I'm worried about is that the engine starts when I'm ready to leave!!!  Maybe a trip to Red Bay IS in my future!!

My friends Cyndae and Joe are in Yuma and called last night to say they are on their way to check out the big tent today. Being it's the last day, I'm not sure anyone will be there, but there are other fleas to fry, so I'll meet them around noon.  In the meantime, my puppies are enjoying some snuggle time!!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Nancy,
    Thought I would drop you a line and tell you not to listen to those dooms day sayers when they say bad things about your RV. When I bought my 2006 one ton red Dodge dully and a 36' fifthwheel just about everywhere I went someone was telling me how much trouble I was going to have with that Dodge. Well, I'm here to tell you the BRAT (Big Red Awesome Truck) hasn't given me a lick of trouble. Keep your chin up and keep on trucking. I think you're doing a great job and keep the blog a coming.
    Joe Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Joe!!! I'm glad to hear that!! I try not to listen and just tell them how great mine has been, with a few minor exceptions!!! I'll take your advice and keep on trucking!!!

      Delete