Thursday, January 16, 2014

FROM BAD TO JUST SHOOT ME!!

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed ... and yesterday was that day in spades!!  At 8:30 I took my motorhome in to La Mesa RV in Yuma, which at this point I can't say enough BAD things about!!

Here's my list of repairs ...
    The fiberglass strip on the roof is peeling off
    The dryer turns on and heats, but the drum doesn't turn
    There are many paint chips on the back edge of the oil access panel
    The night shade rolls up crooked and has eaten up the left hand side of the shade
    The ceiling panel is sagging
    The rubber trim around one slide is coming loose
    The fog light lens needs to be replaced (I know this one's on me)

I have a very expensive extended warranty, good for seven years, which says it repairs all appliances and lots of other things.

Here's what La Mesa said ...

We cannot repair the fiberglass strip ... we have to replace the whole thing and your warranty won't  pay for it .. $900.   For $15 you can buy some goop and fix it yourself.

It will cost you $130 to remove the door that hides the dryer, and from $200-$300 to repair the dryer, which your warranty won't pay for because the dryer repairman said it was a belt.  They don't cover belts.

We don't do any paint work.

The night shade is ruined due to an adjustment problem, not covered by your warranty and we can't adjust it.  It doesn't really even LOOK crooked, except for the torn up shade part.

We can fix the ceiling panel, but have to remove the middle strip, which will ruin the strip, which will not be covered by your warranty, as he stuck his greasy thumb up and barely pushed, saying there was nothing wrong in the first place.  Then from his mouth ... "Boy is she mad"!!! (When I BOUGHT the rig I was promised this would be fixed)

We CAN fix the rubber trim, we will order the part and make an appointment for you in a week or ten days.  But I'm leaving in 5 days ....  oh well.

You can't just replace the lens on the fog light, you have to replace the entire light ... and they only come in twos ...  the second one, which is perfectly good, will have to be replaced too.  This is not covered by your warranty.

Repair total ... $2,097.00

I'm sick ... I'm miserable ... I have no patience ... and now I'm screaming mad!!!  They made it perfectly clear that they were NOT on the side of the client that THEY sold the unit to!!  By the time Patty and Dan came back to see how it was going, I was in tears.  Dan took up the fight with the warranty company, because La Mesa refused to call them again, and pointed out the the word "belt" was in the exclusion section referring to the ENGINE and DRIVE TRAIN ... NOT the appliances, but they told him that was tough and they weren't going to cover anything.

As I started to drive off, the Rep Robert told me the bad news that I had to pay $100 for the estimate. I told him to kiss my you know what, that I wasn't paying for anything.  He said he understood and would just throw the estimate away.  Good thing, because I was about to run him over.  Absolutely NOTHING got repaired after being there for 3.5 hours.

It didn't get better.  Our lunch at Applebees was mediocre at best ... my grilled cheese had been sitting for so long the cheese was rock solid.  We were served AFTER the table behind us, that was seated 10 minutes after us.  Dan said ... watch ... the waiter won't bring Patty's chips or my ranch dressing.  He was right ........

By now I'm exhausted and just want to go lay down ... just shoot me, I'm THAT mad and THAT miserably sick!!!  However ... I really want to start a yarn project, so Patty and I run to Michaels, where my phone battery died and the girl wouldn't give me the 40% off coupon price.  While waiting for Patty, I finally got it to come up, got back in line, returned the needles and purchased them again WITH the 40% off.  When I got home, the needles were the wrong size and I needed TWO skeins of yarn.  I'm just not thinking clearly at all!!

When I took the dogs out, the men across the street hollered at me that my dogs needed to go clear out to the street to do their business.  WE KNOW!!!  Ooops ... too late!!

I gave up ... I pulled all the shades and locked the door.   I'm feeling slightly better this morning, and I attribute it to the 4 ice creams I ate last night.  Definitely hoping today is a better day!!!
     
 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry,sorry how terrible for you. I'm in Indio and Mike Thompson RV the one in Catherdal City visited our resort, they said the owner of Tiffin Motorhomes will be here next week for a week. Maybe you want to call them and find out for sure, you could talk to him personally about all the problems. I understand he stands behind his brand. Hope all gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I'm heading East this summer ... may just have to stop by his place. I've talked to Bob before and he really helped me out. At least HE knows what the word service means!!

      Delete
  2. Nancy, I sure know how you feel. We had what they call a "Transfer Box" burn up on us....this is the box where the power comes into the motorhome from the Park's power, and also where the generator first sends its power. This box switches between the two as needed. They are also known as "Relay Switches". Our warranty would not pay to replace it because it is called a "Transfer box", even though the new one that was put in is called a "Transfer Relay". Now they will replace a Relay, but since it did not say "Relay" on it, they would not do it....even though I presented proof to them that the two names are very interchangeable. Since it was under $250, and I had to pay the first $100, I gave up...but not until I sent a very blunt email to the head guy at the Warranty Brooker that we went through to buy the warranty. It is amazing what they tell you they will do....until you have bought it and then it is time to fix something. GRRRRRR!!!!! Also, hope you recover soon...both Marcia and I got "something" right as we were leaving California a few weeks ago....I blamed it on the smog in the Central Valley that was very bad right after Christmas....which followed us to Phoenix....by the time we got to San Antonio we were both down for the count. Now that we are back home in Florida, we are nearly 100% again, except for that darn lingering cough. --Dave (GoingRvWay.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave ... at least I know I'm not alone in this!!

      Delete
  3. That sucks, but is not surprising. If 99% of the people in the RV industry are trying to sell you something, just assume that two out of three words are a lie and whatever is left over is an exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy isn't THAT the truth. I'm such a service-oriented person, it just amazes me when business don't even know what the word means!

      Delete