Sunday, August 9, 2026

TECHNOLOGY CAN BE AMAZING ... OR NOT.

 I should have been off VERY early on this morning, hitting the road for another run.  What can I say, I got distracted by brain games on my phone.  It was already hot when I left at 7:30, so I tried to stick to the streets with shade and got in 2 more miles.  My legs were NOT happy campers, so I walked a little more this time.  It used to take one day to heal up ... now it seems to take two.  It will get better, but my legs are talking to me constantly!!


When I got back, I wasn't sure what vehicle I was taking to the Elks Meeting up north today.   Truly, I despise these meetings where absolutely NOTHING happens other than telling us we need to make more money by signing up more members.  Well if we could, I guess we would.  

At any rate, lucky for me, the Jeep had a full tank.  The fuel mileage is about the same as my diesel truck, but this one gets into smaller parking spaces.  I suppose I should check the tires ... and so I got out the old air compressor and went to work.  This right rear tire gave me a little trouble, but all the rest got topped off with no problems.


That's when I discovered this.  One of the tire monitors had lost its cover entirely.  I'm surprised it even worked with the battery showing.  Now I KNOW I have a bag of these somewhere, but for the life of me, I could not find them.  I've looked in every junk drawer I have.


Including this one ... where I got totally distracted.  OH LOOK ... lots of crap!  Actually, this drawer is full of running stuff.  Watches and attachments to gather info to make your run more productive.  Well look at that ... there are TWO Garmin watches in there that I'm sure will not work after almost ten years of non use.


I plugged them in anyway.  An hour later, nothing.  Well darn!  These two things that will almost tell you what you had for breakfast, cost me a fortune back in the day when I was running marathons, and I hate to toss them out.


There was another not-so-delicious lunch cleaning up the last of the leftovers.  I really should cook something .... like those shrimp in the freezer ... but I'm just not motivated.  Probably because I'm full at the moment.


There was a little kitty play time stuck in there somewhere.  


I finally took the chargers off the watches, wiped them with my fingers and stuck them back on.  To my absolute amazement, they began charging.  Of course that was AFTER I ordered a new one from Amazon.  This one came right up and everything seems to work.  It has GPS, maps and the whole shebang. Technology is amazing.  It can probably read your fortune if you asked it to.  I'll try it out on Monday and see if the battery holds.   The other one, not so much.  

 Maybe I'll send that new one back.  The other one actually did charge the battery, but it does not do what this one does.  I'll find someone to donate it to.


Later in the day, I placed an order with Walmart.  I used to sing their praises, but am having a change of heart.  I ordered 3 large avocados which came in a net bag.  Every single one of them is so rotten, they feel like there is nothing in the middle.  No kidding ... you can squish the sides together.  So here I go again back to Walmart for a refund.  It will cost me more for fuel than the cost of the product.

Next up ... beef tallow.  But that's a story for tomorrow.

Here's my sweet boy snoozing on the couch.




5 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest leaving those watches on the charger for a day or two to see if they popped back to life and there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Ed said you’re funny, . Hi my name is Nancy. I’m a hoarder

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will take time to get those legs back to where you want them to be. As long as you keep using those monitors, they will work.
    It might be time to start doing your own shopping. Walking among the Walmartians is considered exercise.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy your meeting.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay cool, it's supposed to be very hot in the valley today.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get a refund from Walmart for bad produce on line. You won’t need to return the item. (Panhandler)

    ReplyDelete