Sunday, February 12, 2012

Boredom and Edible Dogs

It is amazing how the human body can repair itself ... especially when you have four holes in your belly.  Unfortunately, the process takes some time.  There is now a permanent indentation in my couch and I am bored to tears from sitting and waiting for the process to happen.   I have watched all the really bad TV I care to and have seen the good movies 5-6 times each.

Although my puppies try to keep me busy, I find myself itching to get back to photography.  So much so, that yesterday, I actually grabbed my camera and walked around my house to see what there was to capture and frame.  Of course, the answer was NOTHING!!!  A macro lens would have helped but that's not one I own ... yet anyway.

Here is one of the Polynesian dancer gourd rattles covered in feathers I found literally at the end of the road on the north end of Kauai in Hawaii.   There is an unusual store there that you must check out if you vacation in the area.  They travel by sailing ship throughout the world obtaining handmade crafts from indigenous people to sell in their store.  Amazing stuff, amazing stories and amazing guys in great shape that wear native Polynesian/Hawaiian clothing.  Ladies, you HAVE to check it out!!!
Another local craft of Hawaii I found in a dress store (crazy huh?) in the upcountry town of Makiwao on the island of Maui.  They are handmade from native materials by a local woman who only sells a few in this store every year.  I bought every one they had.  Some blue, some white, large and small ... beautiful work.  I tried this once and believe me, it is very hard to do.
One of the things I find while sitting around the house is that I'm at the fridge every other half hour looking for something to keep me occupied, if only while it passes my lips and hits my stomach.  At Christmas I received a box of Hickory Farms Petit Fours (scrumptious little cakes).  Granted, I did take a little photoshop liberty with this one ... these were coffee flavored!!
Finally feeling up to a little more activity, my friend Diane came over so we could make cupcakes.  Seriously I can't believe I let her talk me into this, let alone that I took a picture to put on this blog ... but here it is.  Looks EXACTLY like Ollie, her son-in-laws dog.  Funny what you can do with a cupcake, frosting, marshmallows and chocolate chips!!!!
By now I am sure YOU and well as I am thrilled that I'm almost back to normal and am going out this afternoon for a "graffiti" shoot.  Surely it's got to be better than doggie cupcakes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment