Tuesday, August 1, 2023

The Jello Always Jiggles

 Well well well .... you're not going to believe it ... it's a lovely 75 degrees at 4:30 in the Arizona morning. Although it looked like rain, the clouds went away and the hot sun came back out.  Did I say the roofers would be here this morning?  I was wrong.

I got an email that said they thought it was going to rain most of the day, so they were scheduling for Tuesday.  WHAT??  I called, only to be told they didn't want to take the roof off and have it rain overnight.  At this rate the roof will NEVER get done because it rains most every evening.  My timing could not be worse.  I asked Mr. Chance to do a rain dance for my roof.


So I got out my can of paint in the beautiful cloud free sky and painted this post.  I have to give it up to Home Depot ... the paint matches perfectly.  By the time I had gone around the post once, it was completely dry it was so hot out, so I added a second coat.  One more job down.


While outside trying to figure out why my Rat Light was on during the daylight hours, I spotted a big truck and trailer pull into the cup-de-sac.   I casually sauntered out to see if by any miracle that was my roofing material.  IT WAS!!!!  Well at least I'm now confident they will show up at SOME point!


I was relieved as Prince Charming drove off over the hill.  At least I'm going to get a new roof, even if it takes a month or two.


Next up ... THIS Prince Charming puppy has a Vet appointment.  I mean really, I've been bleeding money for the last two months.  This is me trying to get a pill down his throat.  It's for arthritis from all that ball playing.  It doesn't matter what you try to hide it in, even his favorite treat, he can spit that thing out like a champ while consuming the treat.

It seems he may be allergic to the wool carpets in this house.  Those were all going to be replaced until the roof raised its ugly head.  So off we went to see if there was something we could do about it.  The very nice lady Vet here (actually about one mile down the road from my house) checked his teeth and said they looked fine ... no problems, no lingering stitches ... and his ears were clean as could be.  

It's obviously allergies that cause him to chew and lick on his feet every waking moment.  That has to be miserable.  It's also weird to note that she said MANY dogs here are allergic to mesquite trees.  I declined the allergy panel and opted for another shot like my California Vet used.  Like human allergy shots, you can get them every 30 days if need be.  It's been two months since his last one.

I'm so happy to report he's not so miserable any more.  No itching ... no chewing ... Mom is SO relieved and I'm sure he is too!


And then ... AND THEN ... the jello jiggled once again.  I got a phone call from the roofer.  No kidding ... they are now putting the roof off until Wednesday.  I didn't understand.  He explained that it would take an entire day just to get the old roof off and hauled away.  That would leave it completely exposed until the NEXT day when they could start work.  I reluctantly said okay.

Suddenly I heard the crack of lightning and the roll of thunder.  THIS is why they didn't want to rip the roof off.  Okay, I finally get it.  It's not the rain during the day they care about ... it's the rain that comes in at 6:00 pm that is the problem.  THIS is monsoon!!

I'm calling for a meeting with my Rain Dancer this morning.  He was supposed to do a NO RAIN dance, not a RAIN dance!!!  I mean really ... this went on for several hours.  Who says it doesn't rain in the desert?


Mother Nature is just teaching me to have more patience I guess.  And wouldn't you know, I put the game camera out before this hit.  I'm hoping it's not waterlogged this morning.

Maybe ... just maybe ... those coyotes that are serenading me right now will stop by for a drink, though I think after last night's rain, they probably have lots of puddles to drink from.

My quilt machine that was supposed to be delivered?  That's another story ... for tomorrow.  For now, I'm seriously enjoying the COOL.


10 comments:

  1. Soon you will have a new roof.
    Glad Cooper is feeling better.
    Enjoy your day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe those roofers know what they are doing after all. We got 1.75 inches of rain the yesterday overnight, it was crazy! Hopefully Coop is fully recovered and the cooler temps stay for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... that's a lot of rain too. Yup I'm now learning about roofing in the desert.

      Delete
  3. Poor Cooper. So glad the shot works. I love the rain video. I could sit in the patio, protected from the rain, and watch it all day long...lol lol 😆.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fascinating to watch, but not when your roof leaks! LOL.

      Delete
  4. Sure glad you are getting some cooling rain, but there needs to be a lull in order to get that old roof off and new roof on, that's for sure. Now and then Indy (and Skruffy and Bubba) licked their paws...Bubba never got sores but Skruffy did...thank goodness Indy has not had sore yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason Cooper still has feet left is the removal of most all of his front teeth!! He's adapting slowly.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure the waiting for the new roof will be worth it when done. Looks like those guys know what they are doing and want a happy homeowner at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't care at all if it wasn't leaking with every rain! LOL. I'm in a hurry, they are not. So I'm learning ......

      Delete