Tuesday, October 29, 2019

On to the Next Phase Of Sick!!

So here's a couple of pretty flowers to distract you while I complain about being sick.  It sucks!!  I went right from sore throat to serious head stuffiness, causing a lovely headache.  To make it even worse, my eyes are leaking constantly.
I went in for 90 minutes to get the big schools in the door, then left to spend the rest of the day sleeping on the couch.  Add to that another 9 hours sleeping on and off in bed.  

For dinner, I had a choice between butterfingers minis, pumpkin bread or pizza.  I chose the pumpkin bread, but couldn't taste it at all.  It was like eating cardboard.  
I've since escalated from the nose you can't breathe out of to the heavy coughing.  It's always the worst in the morning, so hopefully I'll snap to and be able to get 400 kids into the pumpkin patch this morning before returning to my couch.

Total miles so far ... 219.19.  Did you ever notice how hard it is to do math when your head hurts??

12 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing! I hate being sick and especially when you know you have things you HAVE to do..hopefully you're back home and back in bed soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ... I'm definitely trying to get better!

      Delete
  2. Being sick just sucks...wrangling several hundred people when sick...doubly sucks...Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add to that trying to stay away from them cuz I don't want anyone ELSE to get sick ... it's fun!! NOT!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear this! I've had something similar for a month. I am not able to shake the cough, it's driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO .... that's doubly bad news. I'm just into the coughing stage now. Hope you feel better very soon.

      Delete
  4. Sad to hear you are sick. I hope you are taking something for it. Contac C or Tylenol capsules work well for us, especially with the stuffiness and cough. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am unable to approve of you taking your cold to work to share with 400 kids. Please, stay home and take care of yourself for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just guessing here, but at least 200 of those kids are already coughing and sneezing! I'm not staying long at all, an am keeping my mouth covered. No use passing it around.

      Delete
  6. I think you walked more miles than you did hours sleeping for the month of October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you are right Dave. Now I can count the hours sleeping on the couch! LOL

      Delete