Saturday, October 12, 2019

Grandmas ... You Gotta Love Them

I'm completely out of new pictures.  It was pretty hectic yesterday and I didn't have time for a single one.  To start the day, my snack bar girl overslept.  She's the absolute best, so I took her place until she arrived.  No biggie since I had 30 minutes before the buses began to arrive.

First up .... 182 wild eyed little cherubs (not really) ready to tear the place apart.  Every single one had a schedule to follow which included gem mining.  That takes a little time to dump your bag of pay dirt into a screen and run it through the water in the sluice box, only twelve kids at a time.  Once they had their gems, the girls had to clean the box of sand.

Later when cleaning up, the girls didn't know NOT to add more water to the box.  They used the garden hose to clean out the sand.  In no time, we had a disaster on our hands when the box overflowed the extra 20 gallons of water all over the ground.  Oops!!!!!
If I'm lucky, this next week I'll have another Grandma come to work ... an 85 year old lovely lady!  She will be my field trip third hand.  I can't wait to see her again.  
The next Grandma came in with her daughter and three kids.  The kids got wristbands to ride everything.  Grandma got a $5 food token.  Here's the thing.  If you don't have a wristband, you do NOT ride the rides with the kids or shoot the blasters.

One of the children was too small to shoot the huge cannons we have, so she wanted to do it for them.  She complained VERY loudly.  Not wanting bad publicity, I let her help.  I found out later, not only is it not allowed, but she was TOLD that when she first arrived.  Grandmas ... you gotta love them!!

In the end, she was caught doing the same thing on every ride.  Come on Grandma ... you're teaching the wrong things to those grandkids!!!
By noon we had a big party come in, Octoberfest for the Realtors.  Several problems ensued.  They nailed two big banners on the barn doors so we couldn't open them to allow access to the lights.  I used my trusty knife of 62 years to remove the signs.  I can't believe I still have that knife!! 

When the caterer arrived, she had a big Silverado with an even bigger trailer and was afraid to drive it  around the slight turn.  With our help, she got in, but couldn't get out.  Nope ... I'm NOT driving it out, even though I could have.  I'm not interested in the liability one little bit.  The owner had to drive it out for her.
It was the typical Friday night ... loads of Grandmas buying tons of pure sugar for their kids.  The most popular product we sell?  Flaming Cheetos!!  Wasn't there something about that red dye?

In no time the sun set and we closed up.  I only put in 11.5 hours.  Today will be MUCH more fun since more Grandmas are off work!!  Stay tuned ... it's getting busier by the day!!



3 comments:

  1. Oh those grammas always get what they want right our wrong :<(.
    Just keep plugging away and soon the end is near.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still surviving the Patch dealing with all the problems even without the Boss being there.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the downtime.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Grandmas are giving the rest of us a bad name...lol Glad mine call me Nana so I can disassociate...:)

    ReplyDelete