Sunday, October 20, 2019

A Few Quick Numbers

I'm trying to get my brain to work this morning.  If I say the weekdays with three to five hundred kids  are crazy, I'm here to tell you it's NOTHING like the weekends.  I'm longing for the 500 kids!!

I need to go in extra early this morning because we ran out of so much stuff.  I really need to take stock and get prepared.

This is where I stood for ten hours yesterday making shaved ice.  This machine?  It's probably cranked out over 15,000 in it's lifetime.
We went through ten boxes of chips at 50 per box and wrapped up an incredible 500 hot dogs without missing a beat or having the customers wait.  As you can see, this is a tiny operation, no more than 15 feet wide, backed up against an old cow milking station in the barn.
All that product has to be brought over from the shop and put into the three large ice chests, along with hundreds of pounds of ice.  Just out of sight is the side where we cook all the hot dogs and make up nachos with cheese and jalapeños.  A record 588 hot dogs were sold, which means we don't have enough for today.  We are OUT.
That's a dirty word in the snack bar business.  We've been able to keep up with most everything else, but ran out of coffee, hot water for hot chocolate and nacho cheese after using 20 gallons.  In other words, we're exhausted!!

This should be our biggest day yet.  Then I'll be very happy to be back to herding those squirrels!!!

Total miles walked to date:   163.26  


11 comments:

  1. Keeping those supplies sticked up can be a challenge. I had a much smaller operation in my restaurant and did pretty good over the 10 years, only running our of supplies a few times, Keep getting you miles in and soon it will all wind down. They actually pay your for all this fun? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I'm getting paid, otherwise I think I would quit after the first weekend! I'm counting the days to close!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are surviving all this. Hope your employer gives you a nice bonus.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Squirrels.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh a bonus would be nice, but the biggest bonus is their friendship. They are a great family!

      Delete
  3. Hope you made it through another weekend unscathed...:)
    The little squirrels do sound like more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with all "children", the littles are the best!

      Delete
  4. It's understandable that you run out of supplies. That's a lot of "stuff" you are selling. I went to a Togo's that couldn't make me a sandwich cuz they ran out of bread! Hope today goes good. Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! I feel pretty good about keeping up if Togo's ran out. So far we are doing very well.

      Delete
  5. Oh Lord, give Nancy enough 'juice' to get her through another week! WOW Girl!!! Dad is home, I have been so busy myself...he can't do everything for himself just yet, but it is getting closer and closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home as in the Independent Living Facility of course.

      Delete
    2. It's been crazy to say the least! Glad your dad is home and improving!!

      Delete