Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Cat Is Away ... Mice Can Play???

Another day in the life of a Pumpkin Patch.  This week's problems come from the fact the boss is gone, not one or two days, but all week.  YIKES!!!  This is NOT going to be fun.  He's the guy that makes it all work ... fixes everything ... makes all the decisions.

Now it falls to his wife and I.  Trust me, there will be no playing of the mice.  We are ordering supplies, getting teenagers to work according to the rules, and keeping the customers happy.  In other words, I'm back to herding squirrels.

Luckily we only had 60 kids yesterday to help us warm up to the problems that may occur today with 300 squirrels arriving.  My GPS watch said I walked a tad over seven miles yesterday.  Twice I had to run to catch kids heading off down the tractor roads.  The sign says ENTER HERE, but apparently they cannot read.

These are the wagons supplied for free to haul your pumpkins, meaning your kids, AND your pumpkins you want to buy around the property.  Strollers don't work so good in the crushed almond hulls.
I came upon two lost parents and one very sad lost little boy.  No problem ... we found his parents, their kids and two cell phones, not to mention three jackets, one ring and a binky.  
I worked the Barnyard Bounce, the Super Slide and drove both tractor rides while keeping the snack bar stocked.  Every night, I come home and literally fall into bed.  

Here's a not so good picture of the beautiful 100 year old barn.  It was already getting dark when I remembered to snap a couple of pics.  
So I'm off at 7:45 this morning for another day of fixing the nacho machine that ate the bag-o-cheese, pouring the hot wet stuff into the gears.  With one tractor driver off, I'll be keeping that going too.  Oh .... and we have yet another tractor.  Every single one works differently.  If you don't have all eight gizzies set up perfectly, it doesn't go.  What ever happened to just a plain clutch and brake??  OH THE FUN!!!!







4 comments:

  1. Fun herding the squirrels , playing with the tractors, keeping things running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of work but it also sounds like you are having fun. I am wondering how you even make it home to collapse into bed...lol Happy squirrel herding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collapsing is what happens at the end of the day when my feet won't hold me up any more! LOL

      Delete