There's no use washing it at all unless I crawl up on the roof and clean it first. The littlest bit of rain washes all that dirt down the sides, making nice zebra stripes on the black paint. Remember that amazing two-for-one rubber sweeper thingie I got at the big tent in Quartzsite? Well just so you know, I actually DO put it to use occasionally. It's perfectly lightweight and cleans the roof rather well with minimal effort. I'm all about minimal effort when it comes to this beast.
That's when I saw it. YIKES!!! Houston, we have a problem. The plastic seal over the back is lifting and coming apart. Ugh ... I'm clairvoyant you know ... I see another big repair bill in my future.
Good grief ... I have NO idea how to fix this. Well I actually do have a couple of ideas, but I'm pretty sure you all will tell me that duck tape and Gorilla Glue are not the solution. If you have any ideas, please pass them along. I'm hoping my friend/mechanic/construction guru Mr. Chance in Tucson can fix it, otherwise I'll have to go see La Mesa again. This may solve the mystery of the water on the carpet that I thought came from the slide topper.
Finally off the roof, I began the huge task of washing the beast. Down one side and up the other, I thought about stopping, but seemed to have a reserve of energy from the cool morning air. I kept going. Wash, squeegee, wipe .... wash, squeegee, wipe.
Then, with only the front left, I took a quick break for some sustenance of the sugary kind, which gave me another boost. I finished the whole thing. I can't believe I did that!! I've never done it all in one day before ... course I've never had a box of Sees Candy around before either!! I still have the wheels to go ... maybe I'll tackle those tomorrow.
There's a sense of accomplishment there, albeit brief, for as soon as the wind and rain return, I'll have to do it all over again. For now, I'm headed to the medicine cabinet for Advil, Deep Heat and whatever else I can find to ease the pain!!