Friday, October 7, 2016

I'm A Little Behind ...

Actually, I'm a LOT behind.  Here it is 8:00 and I'm just starting the blog.  The hurricane news isn't good.  I've been watching it inch it's way North along the Florida coast.  Please keep everyone who couldn't or wouldn't evacuate in your prayers.  They're going to need it!!  Although the winds are not sustained at 130 mph, 50 mph can rip your roof off.
I got an email last night from Mister Ed who's right in the path, with the eye of the hurricane being about 40 miles away.  He's hoping he will still have a house, but won't know until late this afternoon.  The biggest waves, 30 footers, along with high tide will hit Jacksonville soon, as it slams into Georgia and South Carolina.

People say they don't want to live in California because of the earthquakes, but where I live, we rarely ever feel the earth shaking and there has never been any damage.  Maybe I should rethink moving to the Oregon Coast, which is going to fall off into the ocean!!  Arizona is looking better and better!!  They just have snakes.

Speaking of snakes ..... here's part of an email I received urging me to cooperate with the South African Civil Aviation Authority in stealing $45,500,000.00 ... yup, that's forty-five MILLION, of which I will receive 30%, but I have to have discretion, maturity and co-operation.

Honestly folks, they should at least hire someone who speaks, reads and writes good English.  It appears they over invoiced (meaning they overcharged) a contract, for which they received payment. That payment has not been claimed??  So they want me to receive the transfer of this money into MY bank account on their behalf.  Good grief!!  For one, that's called stealing ... not to mention what they would do to MY account once they had the information they are requesting.


WE WRITE THIS LETTER WHICH I PRAY SHOULD BE URGENTLY REPLIED. I GOT YOUR CONTACT DURING MY YEARS OF SERVICE IN THE FOREIGN MINISTRY. I AM MS DAPHNE MOTSEPE, PRESENTLY THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE /AUDITOR UNDER THE SOUTH AFRICAN CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY HEADQUARTERS, SOUTH REGION OFFICE.

I AM IN NEED OF YOUR GENUINE ASSISTANT AND TRUST BECAUSE AS A TOP OFFICIAL OF THE RULING GOVERNMENT, I WANT TO SAFE GUARD MY INTEREST IN YOUR COUNTRY BEFORE THE END OF THE TENURE OF THIS ADMINISTRATION, MORE ALSO WE AS CIVIL SERVANT ARE FORBIDDEN TO OWN OR OPERATE FOREIGN ACCOUNT HENCE A FOREIGNER IS NEEDED.

I PRESENTLY HAVE AN OVER INVOICED CONTRACT PAYMENT OF FORTY-FIVE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED 
THOUSAND US DOLLAR) ONLY WHICH HAS REMAIN UNCLAIMED SINCE THE YEAR 2010. MY SUPERIOR IN THIS PRESIDENCY HAVE MANDATE ME TO PRESENT AN HONEST FOREIGNER WHO CAN CONVENIENTLY RECEIVE THIS FUND FOR US INTO HIS BANK ACCOUNT.


I SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN BE OF GREAT ASSISTANCE TO US. THIS IS WHY I AM CONTACTING YOU AND ALSO REQUESTING FOR YOUR DISCRETION, MATURITY AND CO-OPERATION. MY SUPERIORS HAS COMPLETED ALL ADMINISTRATIVE STEPS TO SEE THAT THIS FUND RECEIVES ALL THE REQUEST APPROVALS IMMEDIATELY YOU GIVE ME THE GO AHEAD.



Since they are such highly placed officials in the Government, they require absolute discretion.  Surprisingly, they included a South African email address.  I'd like to accommodate them with an arrest warrant, but I'm sure they are located in Iran, Pakistan or maybe India.  I've love to run one of MY scams on them, but my sense of humor evaporated last night when I couldn't sleep, which is why I'm so late this morning!!

I would like to report that my "GOOD MORNING ... KBLX ... YOU'RE ON THE AIR" is working fabulously.  I got three hangups yesterday!!

Today I'm working in the yard to try and get it looking somewhat normal again.  I called the gardner (he's going to get real tired of me) to replace four sprinklers and repair one that is at such an angle it's shooting straight up into a tree ... not the best way to water the lawn.    

At the advice of an old school classmate, I'm going to set up a camera system so I can keep an eye on it myself.  You just can't rely on the hired help nowadays!!









2 comments:

  1. As our local County officials said we didn't dodge the bullet we dodged a cannonball
    if you've probably already seen on the news the beach area got pretty well hammered mostly roofs and trees Brevard County had power right up till about 8 o'clock this morning but Lost it for about three hours about the only damage on our side of the park were decorative skirts that go around the mobile side My place receive it absolutely no damage (thank you Lord )the other side Lost about four carports and two trees and as of 5 o'clock they still don't have power over on the other side
    We do have a 60 acre lake it was full now it's up about 14 inches more than what we started out with before the hurricane but in our area no flooding the beach is a different story they won't even let you over there
    Cocoa beach along A1A in that area has quite a bit of damage in Flagler Beach they lost about a quarter-mile of A1A due to Beach erosion and flooding New Severna Beach got a little bit of flooding and with beach erosion
    over in Winter Park and Wintergarden is the older section of Orlando they have huge stately tree lined streets well they're quite a few short now due to wind they're about 60 miles from the coast (cocoa beach)
    from what I understand no place in Florida got spared the wind or rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your place didn't have damage. I imagine the water will recede eventually. I watched some of those 30 foot waves ... WOW!! Lots of power there. I hope South Carolina fares as well.

      Delete