Friday, March 29, 2024

Into The Future

 April Fools has been happening about every three days around here.  Just when you think spring has sprung, it rains again.  A cold wet damp rain that even has my heaters turning on.  


That means this kid and I have been lounging on the couch trying to stay warm.  


Oh there is the occasional ball game, which is pretty hard to accomplish with a flat ball.  That's a big hole in the middle, making it roll wonky.  Nevertheless, he's not going to play with ANY of the other seven balls laying around in close proximity.


My plan was for a quick trip to Target (better known as TARJAAA) around here.  I ordered a hand held vacuum from Amazon.  Always ALWAYS save the box.  It worked great, so I went to all the trouble of drilling holes and hanging it on the wall.  I plugged it in.  Next time I went to use it, the battery was dead.

And the next time ... and the next time.  It can't be returned, so I was out to buy another one ... one where I would KEEP the box.  $50 later, I plugged in the new one.  It didn't work.  Okay, something is wrong here.    It's the outlet that's not working.  I flipped every breaker in the box and NOTHING.  

I moved them both to the kitchen outlet and VOILA .... a nice little red light.  They BOTH work just fine.  So now I have TWO.  I hate it when I do that.  I suppose the one with a BOX will be returned today.


Finally tired of all the crazy coughing ... which had subsided just a bit after that Benadryl ... I called the Doctor.  Well not a doctor, since none seem to exist around here.  I got the Nurse Practitioner.  I mean really, even a Physician's Assistant sounds more impressive.  No offense to Nurses everywhere.

They could not see me, but they could shove me right into the future with a teleconference.  I suppose that's not much different than talking to them in their office.  I had to take all my own vitals and report to HER assistant before she called me.  Seems it's rather hard to diagnose when you can't hear me breathing, but diagnose me she did.

It's allergies.  NO WAY!!!  Yes way ... that's what she said.  She prescribed two pills I've never heard of before, which I will pick up today.  OR she said, I could go in for shots.  No thank you ... I'll take a few pills first.  That will be $185.00 billed to Medicare.  Not really, but I bet it will be close, or maybe even MORE.

Not coughing quite as much, I made one of Jonathan's favorites ... pineapple banana bread.  Only I didn't have any bananas, so I switched that out for zucchini.  He was not impressed and dropped it on the floor.  I now have four loaves to eat.  Honestly, I wasn't very impressed either.


The evening was filled with troublesome events.  My neighbor called to say she had a fox who looked pretty sick in her front yard.  It seemed to be panting and didn't even move when they went out to look.  I told her to call the trappers.  She has a puppy dog that should not be exposed.  

Thinking he was probably too sick to jump in my back yard, I let Cooper out, but kept a close eye on him. Then she sends me a text of the fox jumping up on top of their fence.  YIKES!!  Weird he's not the least bit scared or even wary of them.  I set my camera up to see if he comes around here.

Ten minutes later she sends ANOTHER message showing some kid running up to the door and ringing her doorbell.  Not so bright that kid ... it's a RING doorbell and she got a GREAT picture of him, which will be turned over to the Sheriff.  Just a fun night in Farmville!!




20 comments:

  1. My oldest, the one who now lives in Sacramento and works for the Senate, has allergies real bad...spring and fall really take him out. He says the pills he takes really do a number on him, makes him very sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not about taking pills, so we shall see where this goes.

      Delete
  2. Hope the medication does the trick.
    Supposed to rain here around noon.
    Take care!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the Four seasons there are seasonal Allergies. It seems what did not bother us years ago, are having a Fielday now.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was staring at that ball trying to figure out what the heck it was before I read the post. I couldn't. Of course after I read it was a ball, it was pretty obvious.
    That fox does not sound healthy at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small tennis balls they are ... I step on them about 14 times a day!

      Delete
  5. Mr. Ed said Think of your problems and symptoms … Nurse practitioners are better They actually take the time to think about your problem Before they open their mouth ..(doctors not so much) As for the medication that they gave you, look up what it’s used for?… symptoms and side effects Unless you like surprises And if you have any doubt, ask your pharmacist when you pick it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Side effects for sure ... I never bothered before, but I sure have to check them out now.

      Delete
  6. That's annoying about the vacuum but at least you can return one. Never heard of pineapple banana bread. Yeah the old knock and run or ring and dash isn't easy to get away with now days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Hawaiian banana bread. They add pineapple to everything! I suppose they have the same knock and run down your way. Better than TP'ing the house I guess.

      Delete
  7. Love the cartoon and I instantly related. Living in the SoCal mountains, we start with rain tonight then over Saturday and Sunday are expecting close to a foot of the white stuff at my elevation. Feeling sad for the kids and their egg hunts as it's going to be a White Easter here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO!! I think this is a first for California. Snow on Easter!

      Delete
  8. Good grief. I live in a podunk town in TX and have had the same dr for close to 25 years. (I'm 78 now.) Anyway, I just call her if I'm puny. We also have a few walk in clinics in town, where I went with a broken knee cap last summer on the weekend. And nurse practitioner got me x-rayed and I was out of there in a couple of hours. I have been well taken care of. Of course I have Medicare. And a supplemental. My town's population is about 20, 000. I'm just kind of flabbergasted that you can't have a face to face with somebody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the good doctors here have passed on over the years and though we have 32,000 in our little town, we have no doctors. The closest town with 91,000 has very few and they never take new patients. It's Urgent Care or the Hospital.

      Delete
  9. You sure have your entertainment!! My goodness. I hope something works for you, a real TRUE diagnosis would be good, wouldn't it? Happy Easter. Like Cooper, I'd sleep through it all after chewing up my favourite ball. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coop's very good at sleeping all morning ... after getting me up to play ball for 20 minutes.

      Delete
  10. Never a dull moment in your neighborhood. Hope the new meds help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding .... wait til you read today's blog.

      Delete