Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Amazon Returns

Adding a disclaimer to the bidding site.  If you dig down far enough, you will find a note saying things may be broken or have missing parts.  Well that's not good!!!  So buyer beware.  I don't know if they charge PER bid ... I haven't found that out yet.


 It was a bed-head hair kind of day.  I was looking just as scruffy as Cooper when my feet finally hit the floor.  Trying to catch up on sleep doesn't seem to work for me.  The longer I stay in bed, the more bogged down I seem to get.  


UP AND AT 'EM ... there's CAKE to eat for breakfast!!  This is the last of the $325 cake purchased by one of the guys at our table.  I didn't want it to go to waste, so I took home the last piece.  It was perfect for St. Patrick's Day.  I could wear green crumbs on my shirt and not get pinched.

By the way ... here's THAT story.  You are supposed to wear green on St Patricks Day so the leprechauns don't SEE you.  It makes you invisible.  Leprechauns are mischievous little people who will pinch you if they see you, just because they can.  


I was off to the dentist at noon for a good teeth cleaning.  I could probably go to Algodones, but to be honest, I'm scared to death of dentists.  My first encounter was with a guy who held me down and drilled with no novocaine of any kind.  It took me 25 years to go back.  These folks take extra special care, so I only go there.  

Next up ... Amazon returns.  The descriptions of some things you buy are about as accurate as the weather guessers.  These were boot trees to keep my boots upright and straight.  Made especially for TALL cowboy boots.  WRONG!!  They were not only not tall enough, but not wide enough either.  Sadly, the best company in the business went OUT of business.  

Here's what I learned today.  They have figured out a way to CHARGE you for the returns to the benefit of the UPS store.  ALWAYS the returns have been drops offs ... no boxes or bags required.  This time I did not notice the "Customer Packed" notation on the return code.  What it means is YOU have to pack it back up in the box it came in ... even if the box is twelve times too big ... before they will return it for free.  

If not in the original box, they charge you.  In this case it was $4.00 for this to be sent back to Amazon.  Lucky for me, I had stuck the bird cage back in the original box, so no charge.  From now on I'll check this return code to see if I need to REPACK it before taking it back.  Makes you wonder what the difference is.


I did check out the BidRL website in the afternoon.  Maybe things will be bid up, but the prices are crazy good.  I think from now on if I'm buying something from Amazon, I'll check this site first.  One foldable dog kennel I paid $100 for went for $2.25.  Maybe that $80 bird cage will come back up for $2.00!!

I got home late, but it was a gorgeous sunny WARM day.  I decided I would pretend I'm Patsy and hang out in the sun reading for awhile.  I have to admit, it felt wonderful!  I almost blinded myself with my no-tan legs, but maybe that will change.  I could have fallen asleep were it not for the slimy yucky ball being dropped on my feet every few minutes.


The rest of the day was spent at the sewing machine.  I have nine more of these squares to make.  I do so wish it was going to be only two colors because I love it.  On the other hand, I'm using up yards of fabric that's been hanging around for some time.  Isn't there an old saying .. the more you use up, the more you can buy???


And so another day has passed ... a rather nice one in my book.  Today will be full of budget stuff and you guessed it ..... BINGO!!!  




12 comments:

  1. I did not know about those hidden charges on Amazon returns. I also did not know about that website, I am checking it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Per Bill ... make sure they aren't charging you PER bid. I found several things I would bid on, so I'm checking too.

      Delete
  2. I don't know for sure, but does that BidRL site charge you for every bid you make. I have seen one like that before, items go cheap but it cost you dollars for every time you bid. Worth checking before you start bidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaaaaa ... I will definitely check it out Bill. Thanks for the heads up!! I might have gotten myself in trouble!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of dentists either. My blood pressure goes up everytime I go even for a simple cleaning.
    Have fun at Bingo!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me too Frances. I had Dr. Parker ... 2nd floor on Main Street.

      Delete
  4. In Citrus Heights by my sister's place the BIDRL store (where the winning bid picks up the merchandise) is shared by a store called "Falling Prices". Falling Prices is closed on Sunday and Monday. Opens Tuesday and everything is $6, members get a few hours before non-members are allowed in. Wednesday is $4 (everything left over from Tuesday is now $4). Thursday is $2, Friday $1 and Saturday is 25 cents. I have not been there, but my sister has picked up a few deals there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... that's crazy. I did see online where you have one day to preview items. I've never heard of it before.

      Delete
  5. Mr. Ed said I return a lot of stuff to Amazon. I’m very familiar with the system if they make you pick it up in person at their store you unboxed it you make sure it’s what you I receiving and there’s no damage and it’s the right size before you walk off the premises ..
    When you purchase something on Amazon in the center right hand corner will tell you whether it’s going to be shipped or you need to pick it up If it says you have to pick it up bypass go somewhere else if it says it’s being shipped you check the date that it is due at your house. If you don’t want it after you receive it you go into return make sure you check the boxes there are usually four boxes to check make sure you check the free box..

    . How to complete a label-free, box-free return
    Select a label-free, box-free return location after initiating your return through Your Orders. After completing the steps, you’ll receive a QR code. Bring it to the drop off location with the item you want to return. You don’t have to package your item in a shipping box.

    All you do is take it to a UPS store they scan the label And your QR code and give you a ticket of that transaction it’s free
    Again, check the boxes that you selected

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I did. I picked the return to UPS store no label no box. But that has now changed, at least here. Many items must now be returned in the box or bag, or UPS will charge you for another box.

      Delete
  6. Cooper's hair looks natural..........now a picture of yours please! Ha ha
    She's got legs! Nice to see you soaking up the sun too. I'm happy to share. glad you have nice weather as well. I've used empty wrapping paper rolls to hold tall boots up. Cut in half of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always looks like your are enjoying the sun so much, I thought I should try it too. Wrapping paper rolls ... great idea.

      Delete