Monday, August 19, 2019

What? I'm Cooking?

AGAIN?  Crazy, right?  Don't tell anyone, I wouldn't want them to get the idea I can really cook.  That shouldn't be a problem, since I really DON'T cook.  Last time I bought the already roasted chicken at Safeway.  It was not the best by the way, just so you know.

THIS time I'm actually making a chicken salad for the sewing ladies.  I made it once before .... last year .... and it was good, only because there's no cooking involved.  Each one of the group takes turns putting lunch together.  This is no two hour tour ... we're there all day long.  The men will be happy to know we do NOT talk about them.  So this will be a shorty version this morning as it's MY turn to provide sustenance.

All weekend I worked on this bag, trying to get it done before Christmas.  It's not really FOR anyone except me.  It was a challenge, since I've never trying making any kind of bag before.
How hard was it?  The orange was supposed to all be on the inside.  Oh well ... the pattern wasn't the easiest to understand.  If I got confused, I had to leave it on the table and go play with the puppies.  It is completely lined, meaning I actually made two bags with material covering a foam core, then put them together, including a zipper.  Holy cow ... I even sewed the zipper on!!
To make it even nicer, it has stays in the top edge to keep it open like this, along with pockets on every single side.  Woohoo!!  It could be a great overnight bag, but my intention is to use it for hauling my camera around.  Nothing says STEAL ME like a camera bag with the name LowePro on the side.  What guy in his right mind would want to steal this??
Here's a glimpse of my morning view with all my flowers blooming.  I never get tired of it.  Notice I didn't show you the two new plants that died a horrible death.  Yes, they are still planted there.  They make rather nice dead branch decorations.
I'm off to make chicken salad, sew a little, then rush off to Tucson town for the last of THAT sewing class before finishing up getting the rig ready to roll early tomorrow morning.  Whew ... I'm tired already!!



6 comments:

  1. Your camera bag looks wonderful, you did an awesome job. Now chicken salad, sewing and chatting with the ladies. I just know you will have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I actually like it a lot! It's always a great day with the ladies.

      Delete
  2. I love that bag. You did really good! Elva Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is beautiful. The back yard is beautiful. Hope your rolling of the RV wheels is uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison. Yes, I'm hoping for the best with the RV.

      Delete