Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Cooking For Two

Meet Kitty!  This is an extraordinary cat, to say the least.  Pets do not survive out here in the desert if left outside.  Between rattlesnakes, bobcats and coyotes, they are not long for this world.  THIS kitty however, is not only surviving but flourishing ... and he's wild.  Or at least he used to be.  He's become pretty accustomed to sleeping in garages and patio cat houses set up by all the neighbors.

If one neighbor is going to be gone, they notify the others to be sure he's fed.  On this porch he doesn't even mind the dogs.  I guess you could say he's a community cat!!
Speaking of pets, I'm now cooking for two.  My idea of getting already cooked chicken and just mixing in rice, hasn't gone over so well with Cooper.  Mr. Finicky has recently lost three pounds ... a lot for a 15 pound critter.

So after perusing the internet, I switched to ground turkey, which unfortunately I have to cook.  Add in brown rice, carrots, zucchini and spinach, and there you have it.  Dinner.  Other than the time, it's actually cheaper than canned dog food.  Cooper loves it ..... so far.  The good news is when I run out of money, I can eat the same thing!!
Instead I opted for a huge hamburger patty, so thick I had to cook it three times to get rid of the pink in the middle.  Rare hamburger isn't my thing.  It came out pretty tasty considering how many times it went back on the grill!!
After scanning the horizon for spiders, I actually went back outside to discover this.  You can't really see it, but there is a spider web about four inches around, hooked to the top of the grass.  That web catches water underneath from the sprinklers and holds it in place  This was about 12 hours after the sprinklers were on.  These desert critters sure have unique ways to capture moisture.
In other news, the part for my rig won't be in for at least another two days.  They said something about a problem in Las Vegas.  Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Then, quite by accident, I discovered a leak around my large bathroom window when a big chunk of paint fell off.  An old leak thank goodness, but a problem nonetheless.  Did you know they make texture in a spray can?  I will tackle that project today.

I'm also gearing up for a trip into the cave under my house.  This should be fun, mingling with the spiders, scorpions and rats!  It's okay though, because I got a white painters suit to cover me completely!!  I paid two people to fix the dryer vent which is now laying back on the ground.  If you want a job done right, I guess you have to do it yourself.  This should be an interesting one since there's not enough room to dance around should something fall down my neck!!!


6 comments:

  1. Nice to have a community cat, as most cats can do they take care on themselves. Ground turkey is a favourite of ours, yes you could cook only one meal and share it with Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More likely Cooper wouldn't want to share! That good kitty takes care of rats and mice. LOVE him!

      Delete
  2. Well that could be another new dance craze called,,, under the house spider breakdancing add to make it even better you do have a white suit on you will fit right in with the other people they're gonna put you in with

    Instead of having the sagging hose for your clothes dryer why not have somebody put in round metal duck work with a straight run that would make it easier to clean from the outside with the cleaning rod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a GREAT idea!!! I'll see if I can locate someone.

      Delete
  3. Yup. You and Cooper can eat the same meal! Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would sure make dinner menu planning simple! LOL

      Delete