Monday, September 7, 2020

The KING Of The Night

 It was a better day yesterday from the moment I checked the game camera.  I obviously love the critters that wander the desert at night.  The King of them all is this guy.  I've been waiting to capture his image ever since I got my newest toy.  

In the past, Mom and her babies have been more visible.  This year they have not shown up at all.  I've seen lots of them in pictures in back yards however, as Moms everywhere have figured out it's cooler and safer for the kids to grow up on someone's patio.  Neighbors have mentioned seeing Dad and I have actually heard him yowling in the night air.  Finally ... here he is.  

It's very interesting to note that he does not have the coloration I've seen on other bobcats that live very close to here.  They seem to be more tiger-like in color.  Don't you just want to pet this beauty?


These guys try to steal the show all night long.  I downloaded twelve videos.  Eight of them were these two sneaking around in the dark.  Maybe it's just cooler at night to forage for food.  What they could possibly eat is beyond me.  Pickings are pretty slim since we haven't had any rain.  The fattest one is the guy who figured out how to jump over my fence for the grassy buffet.

I know you've just been waiting on pins and needles for THIS image.  It's not my picture, but was taken by a gal just North of me who leaves her feeder outside at night.  With this type of feeder, the bats kind of stall out and lap up the nectar like crazy before falling off the side, then flapping their wings before hitting the ground.  Now that's a face only a mother could love!!  EEK!!

 

In between stalking the critters, I've been trying to finish this quilt.  If it looks a little wonkey, that's because those 63 squares are not sewn together yet.  Six more, along with a little adjusting, and it will be ready to go together.  I'm trying to finish up all the odds and ends before packing to leave.


 With temperatures hovering around 107 every day, it's been difficult to go out, but Patty and I wandered around a "Vintage" sale yesterday at the Wine/Health/Horse Ranch nearby.  Pretty weird combination and I've never seen anyone on a horse there.  The facilities were beautiful, but the heat made me forget to take many pictures.  I'll post a few tomorrow.

From there, since we weren't hot enough, we went to ANOTHER one at Target.  Who knew Target had antique sales? 

 

8 comments:

  1. Very cool Bobcat sighting! I am putting together my next blog post and it too will include some images from my trail cameras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this just the most fun? I can't wait to see your blog.

      Delete
  2. Your watering hole is getting you lots of memories.
    Like the Quilt pattern.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmer temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, especially since it's cooled off a bit.

      Delete
  3. We've seen a mountain lion at our watering hole. I see the bunnies here standing on their hind legs and eating the bottom branches of the small trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh mountain lion. There have been a few sightings around Tucson too. Standing bunnies, now that's something I haven't seen.

      Delete
  4. If we ever live where there is wildlife, a game camera will be a absolute necessity! So very cool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true ... I bet you would even be surprised to see what's in your back yard.

      Delete