Friday, September 4, 2020

OH LOOK!!! PRETTY COLORS!!!

There's nothing like going through a psychedelic car wash to wake you up.  My poor Jeep has been in desperate need of a wash for weeks now.  Like most things, there's never one around when you need it.  I yelped a car wash establishment and found many to choose from.

The closest one to my location was barely as big as my Jeep.  That won't do.  The next one was a YOU-GET-WET wash that wasn't going to make the grade either.

At long last, after driving around for 30 minutes, I discovered a MISTER car wash.  We actually have those in California and they work pretty well.  Interestingly enough when THERE, you have to wear a mask ... IN YOUR CAR ... WITH THE WINDOWS ROLLED UP.  I kid you not.

Anyway ... for a measly $19.99 you can get a monthly pass.  What a deal for everyone except me since they do not cross state lines.  My choices ranged from $8 (I'm sure that was just water, no soap) to $16.  I went with mid-range $12.

As the machines pulled me into the wash tunnel, I thought I had been dropped into a sci-fi movie.  LOOK!!  PRETTY COLORS!!!

I've no idea why they put a sign in there that you can't see through the suds.  Hot something!!

Oooooohhhhh ORANGE!!  By now I think I must be in dream land ... until the slapping of the canvas rags, loud enough to sound like they were going to break my windows, woke me up!!

Lastly, bright red enveloped my Jeep as the final rinse took place.  That was so much fun, I just might do it again!  If you have the full-service wash, they will dry it for you too.  I used the drive-fast method.

Not as good as an old fashioned hand wash, but Mister did a pretty good job considering how dirty she was.  I was rather surprised when I got home and discovered a $16 charge to my card instead of the $12 I asked for.  I guess I can't complain too much ... the alternative of me out there roasting in the sun is worth the few extra bucks.


 The game camera captured a little tussle yesterday morning which I actually heard through my open let-the-cool-air-in-the-house screen door.  Apparently there is an order to drinking.  Look closely and you will see a baby for a short bit. 


 This is probably the biggest group I've seen come through here.  They definitely emptied the barrel.

 

 I have more videos, but have discovered uploading them chews up my data considerably.  Going over the limit is quite expensive nowadays, so I may have to slow down on posting those.  Actually, I'll just post the videos and not type ... they are so much more interesting!!!

It's time to put the hummingbird feeders out.  They are squeaking for breakfast.  I now have to bring them in every night because the bats are out and about in great numbers.  They can empty a feeder in a very short time.  I'll see if I can get them on video!

 

8 comments:

  1. Ninety-nine percent of the time, David has the Jeep washed at a Mister.....Tucson and Sierra Vista...not sure about Phoenix. He has to be satisfied since HE DOES NOT HAND WASH. Once while at one of Tucson's Mister, he was unhappy and they did it again. Somewhat better. No hand drying...let the air dry the Jeep. The car washes in Benson are not that great, but after a long Jeep ride, David will do a fast one. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mister seems to be the best. I'm not a hand washer either and definitely not going to get out and do it myself with a long hose that scratches the sides. LOL

      Delete
  2. Near my sister's house is a Quick Quack Car Wash which has all those colors too. Back home they opened a Car Wash which is similar by a different name...used it twice while we were home, same colors, etc. What I like is that both of these have vacuums which you can use for free, with or without a car wash. That comes in handy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think I saw vacuums, but wasn't sure if they were free or not. This is the only one where I saw full service where they dried your car and cleaned the inside.

      Delete
  3. Your Jeep looks awesome! I'm sure much happier too being clean :) Wearing a mask in your own car, with windows rolled up..uh no..how are they gonna see you anyway?! Wow those critters are amazing! I had no idea bats drank the hummingbird food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those bats come out every night and hit the containers, causing them to drip ... which they lap up in flight. Pretty amazing, but they will drain two big feeders overnight.

      Delete
  4. Love the videos, the car wash mask rules certainly are a new kind of stupid!

    ReplyDelete