Friday, September 11, 2020

Game Camera Discoveries

 NEVER FORGET

9/11 Twin Towers

 

The good news of the day is I think you are right ... I MAY have won the war.  I'm sure I harassed the poor Sonoran Lyre snake until he had enough and left for quieter pastures.  I have not seen hide nor hair of him since sweeping him off the wall with my broom (yes they are GREAT climbers, but I'm sure he could not have scaled the 5 foot fence).

Just for identification purposes because they resemble a rattlesnake, look for a thin tail (no rattles) and a V shape on his head.  Their fangs are rear facing, so must chew on their victim to inject the poison.  More than you ever wanted to know right?

 
These are the two babies that showed up very early one morning in the dark.  They are the first does I've seen all year.  Sadly, with no rain and therefore no grass, they are very thin.  Hopefully some rain will fall soon and they survive.  I haven't seen the bucks around for about two weeks now.  At least I can help them out with a little water.

 
Here's that beautiful boy that dropped by for a nice long drink.  He seemed to be distracted by something, then came back again, but didn't drink.  He was probably just strutting his stuff for the camera, for which I am VERY thankful!!  I just can't get enough of these videos.


Here's the two thorns in my side ..... not really.  I love to watch the bunnies with their ears twitching every direction to hear what's coming.  I've figured out their pattern.  They come out every two hours and wander around the water station, taking a sip or two.  They do this all night long.  I thought bunnies slept at night!  

What that means is I get 23 videos in the morning, 19 of which are bunny pictures.  Seems to me they would make a great kitty snack, but so far they have eluded both the kitty and the coyotes.

 
Lastly, another of my favorites .... yes you are right, they are ALL my favorites ... but these guys just crack me up the way they use their paws to gather food.  They obviously have someone's number because they are definitely fat and happy!!

 

I have a few more videos to show you, but they will have to wait a bit.  I'll be on the road tomorrow morning heading East.  Please pray for none of that cold white stuff ... I'm not even going to type the name.  I'm about half packed and nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof.  I'm sure it will get better once I'm on the road.

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Love those videos!! Interesting to watch all those critters. Glad your snake appears to have left for greener pastures. How fun loading up for your trip, we are working on that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we were going to the same location!! Have fun!

      Delete
  2. I am thinking we need to put our game camera back up. Saw a coyote in backyard last week. And a goat walking down the road two weeks ago. No idea where the goat came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to watch Phyllis ... so much anticipation!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. It's sure fun to see what's been visiting.

      Delete
  4. Great videos and pictures. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Video mode on the camera provides much more entertainment than just picture mode. When we get back I will have to change mine to video mode as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the first three days, I figured that out too. Watch out though, the video uses MUCH more data when uploading. I almost went over my limit.

      Delete