Sunday, May 17, 2020

Tell Me It Isn't So!!

Thank you all for your kind words about my disappearing cowgirl-horse life.  Honestly, I think this was harder than losing my husband to that younger prettier model.  Just kidding ...... well, maybe not!

Anyway, I decided to treat myself to a big lunch to get my mind clear.  There are not a lot of places around here and most are closed, as you can imagine.  I had a choice between Carl's Jr and McDonalds.  Oh gosh .... how will I ever choose!!

Carl's Jr it is!!  Not having ordered anything at these places much, or practically never, I didn't know what to get.  The menu is rather confusing and I hate sitting there trying to read it with six cars behind me.  How about our new spicy Western Bacon Cheeseburger.  SURE!!
Ten dollars and ten minutes later, I was opening it up to see just what I DID order.  I see bacon, that's awesome ... and something that I think is white cheese ... okay ... and a burger.  For some reason I had spicy CHICKEN SANDWICH in my head.  I took a big bite.  TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!  
I bit down into a burger with dozens of sticky jalapeños!!  I am not a jalapeño fan.  Oh I like the flavor, but not the HOT.  I immediately dissected the entire burger and removed all the offending parts.  What was left had the perfect amount of spice.  The fries?  Meh, not the best but still good.  Surprisingly the coke tasted just like coke.  It wasn't watered down in the least.  YUM!!
Shortly thereafter my gardeners showed up to mow my back forty.  I have two very large corrals full of foxtails and weeds, perfect for that Fourth of July fireworks CALL 911 fire that would burn my house down.  They brought two big mowers and went to work, kicking up dust and debris everywhere.
Suddenly they stopped.  NOOOO ... tell me it isn't so ... the mowers broke down!!  I sadly walked out the back door, hoping it wasn't going to cost them more to repair than what I was paying.  Lucky for me, they only stopped because they had another job to go to.  This corral is done.  They will finish mowing the second one next week.  
Thinking that Mark, Dan and Laila should be home by now, I sent a text message to Patty.  They are going to be late ... something about a tire!

OH NO ... tell me it isn't so!!  I sent a message to Dan.  Well they ALMOST made it home.  We all knew the tires needed to be replaced, but I was at least hoping they made it back home.  See how the trailer is not level?  That makes more weight on the back tires, causing the passenger side to blow.

They were just outside of Phoenix in a little burg called Buckeye.  Good thing Dan took a small jack with them so they could replace it with the ORIGINAL spare from 1996.  That's saying something about how good tires were in the old days.  It got them into town to a discount tire shop.  

BUY AMERICAN ... and they did, four tires all around and a spare.  I feel bad about that.  I should have gotten new tires on it before they arrived.  Hopefully Mark can lower his truck maybe two more inches to keep that from happening again.
There's MUCH more happening around here that I'm dying to tell you, but it has to wait for a bit.  Maybe tomorrow.  You're not going to believe what this little pro-American freedom-ringing town has done.  





16 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your town! I had no idea you had so much property! Did you used to have horses there? Oh that's a bummer about the tire! Now he's got new ones all the way around, so should be good for quite a while. We haven't had fast food in years now, but if I was to choose it would definitely be Carls..sure looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2-1/2 acres here, and yes I kept my two cutting horses here when I was showing. Sadly I lost them about three years ago.

      Delete
  2. Even though Kathy would agree with you to me you threw out the best part of the burger.
    I thought about the angle on the trailer affecting the tires but forgot to mention it. The same goes when pulling a Fifth Wheel you have to keep the suspension level.
    That's a lot of property to keep mowed.
    Curious what your town is up to.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the trailer would at least make it home ... which it did, with new tires! It IS a lot of property, especially when 4th of July comes around and all my neighbors shoot off fireworks!!

      Delete
  3. The blown tire incident was actually more of blessing than anything else. Even though the intention was to replace the tires at some point, it may not have happened right away, and the tire failure may have occurred with horses in the trailer. After using the spare to get to a Discount Tire 8 miles away, we had 3 choices for trailer tire replacements. Two of the choices (#1 at $80 & #2 at $90) were made in China. The third trailer tire choice($155)was Goodyear, made in the U.S.A. Despite the higher cost, the decision was easy - "Buy American" and support our country, not a country that has stolen our jobs, technology, and so many other things. We made it home without further incident, and the trailer is now parked at the Last Chance Ranch. Thanks again Nancy. Your generous gift has made a 14 year old horse girl very happy, and it will be used extensively not only to transport her soon to be new horse, but also several other horses that belong to the Vail 4H group. The Chance family is very appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, much better to get a flat when empty than when hauling three horses. You might mention (whisper) to Mark about lowering his truck a tad bit more. I'm happy the trailer is going to a good family.

      Delete
  4. I wonder 'if' the rear of the trailer might be raised with different springs/suspension? Something Dan will need to look into. Or, it might be time to buy a new or second truck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to sell them mine Dave ... hitch and all. LOL He actually has the same truck, just 8 inches taller than mine. Hopefully he can lower it just a tad bit more.

      Delete
  5. I would have done the same with the burger. I like flavor, not hot. Happy to see the trailer and the family got home safely. I know what your town did and I'm looking forward to an update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty amazing this news, especially now! I'll update you soon.

      Delete
  6. Glad the flat tire happened with no horses in it. Cant wait to hear whats going on in your town. Hitches come in all sizes for different heights. Dan should check online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the right hitch, it's just that Mark's truck is one of those high-in-the-sky kind. The trailer hitch can't be changed. They are good to go now!!

      Delete
  7. Lowering the truck suspension, I think, would be less expensive then changing the suspension on both axles of the trailer. Your corral grass sure is dry, some rain would be nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain would be nice, although we rarely get any in May. That is not really grass, it's foxtail which horses can't,or won't eat. It's too sticky and prickly. I think he will probably lower the truck a tad.

      Delete
  8. Too bad about the flat tire, some things just can't be prepared for and at least you all knew they needed replacing.
    Hmm, you have left us all on pins and needles, just like a cliff hanger finale! Can't wait to read about it!
    the cheeseburger sounds yummy but HOLD the heat for us please! i'm always leery of 'spicy'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny ... I like lots of "spicy" but not HEAT!! It was pretty tasty!!

      Delete