Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I Be Styling!!!

Another day has gone by and I'm pleased to say it's a cleaner world I live in.  I found a picture of my Jeep and she's clean as a whistle now.  I still have to unload all those RV rally boxes of chocolate sauce, bowls and napkins from the back however.

While searching for the sheets, I actually found my old vacuum cleaner in the back of one closet.  It made vacuuming the sand out SO much easier.  I just wish I knew where all this junk came from.  I think I have five airline camera bags from when I used to fly everywhere BD (before dogs).  I can't throw them away because they are really GOOD camera bags.
Next up, I be styling in my shorts and cowboy boots.  I always cringe when I see gals wearing this kind of fashion statement.  It works great for the dance floor, but not downtown shopping.  In my case, it worked perfect in the back yard where thankfully no one could see me.  

I needed shorts ... it was hot.  But wading through 30 feet of two foot high foxtails with my tenny-sneaks would have resulted in an hour of picking them out of my socks and shoes.  No thank you!
I'm pretty sure I saw the neighbor in his two story house across the street, close his blinds.  At any rate, I waded out in the weeds and tried to pull the trough from it's location.  It wouldn't budge.  Finally, laying all my copious weight into it, it tipped over.  What the heck?  It was almost completely full of dirt.  How could that be?  It was laying upside down on the ground.  Once removed, there was a huge pile of dirt there.  No squirrel holes, no ant holes .... it's a very weird mystery.
With that chore done, I headed back to change clothes before the carpet cleaner got here.  I'm happy to say he put Stanley Steamer to shame.  He even cleaned my favorite carpet for only $25.  Now THIS is my kind of service business.
He sprayed the entire carpet with a pre-treatment, then used the yellow brush cleaner thingy to scrub from one end to the other.  Once done with that, he used the steam cleaner, then finally sucked out all the moisture and dirt.    This carpet has never been so clean!!!  I think I'm going to build a wall so the puppies can't walk on it with their muddy feet.  My living room be styling now!!
I have to say it wasn't cheap at $200, but it was worth every penny.  It took him 2-1/2 hours instead of twenty minutes like the last guy.  

Time to get on to the next project.  I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I'll find something.  Maybe the garage that you can barely walk through cuz that's where I've stuck all the junk from the house!!  Yeah ........... 



5 comments:

  1. Did you ever think of putting in an RV garage next to your California house not for your RV however that way you could put all your STUFF on pallets
    That way you could get all your STUFF out of the house and all the STUFF out of the garage and put all your STUFF in one spot although you might need a forklift to move that STUFF George Carlin was right we need more STUFF we need more room for STUFF or you could put it on eBay and sell your STUFF but remembered IF you sell it don't replace your STUFF with more STUFF
    Cowboy boots and shorts some people can pull it off otherwise... HI welcome to Walmart.... here's your sign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much STUFF!! As soon as any of the donation centers open up around here, lots of it will disappear!

      Delete
  2. Nice to have things cleaned up but it seems that no matter where someone lives, RV, Apartment, House, we all collect STUFF. like George Carlin and Mister Ed said you have to get rid of it because you don't own it, it owns you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy rethinking who owns who.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shorts and cowboy boots..that'll be me in a few hours. Going to hula ho away the am once the coffee kicks in and the sun comes up :) I go through our stuff periodically, and then I find more stuff I like and buy it..oh a vicious circle! I love the troughs! Not quit big enough for a swimming pool.. The carpet looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete