Tuesday, May 5, 2020

It's Time To Break Out!!

Here we have what's been trying to kill my pups and I for the last week.  These guys are about a quarter inch long, some bigger, and just don't want to go away.  Although there are considerably fewer since I poured bleach down all their holes, they are still hard at it rebuilding their nest.

I have a grocery pick-up appointment at Walmart this morning.  No one else does that around here and you have to wear a mask everywhere else, which as you know, this one refuses to do.  My plan is to hit the gas station first.  Five gallons should do it!

OR I can call the County who I'm told will come eradicate them, although I doubt they will be answering the phone.  Around here, you get paid to stay home if you wish.  Of course EVERYONE wishes to stay home with pay.

Just a side note, my arm now sports a big one inch across red swollen blotch that itches like crazy.  I tried cortisone cream with no success.
I did finally get the horse trailer cleaned out, so here are some pictures for the Chance family.  This is the inside dressing room/bedroom area with a swing out three tier saddle rack on the left.  This is also where I put my mini fridge when I was out camping.
Don't raise up quickly because you might come in contact with the roof.  Here's the sleeping quarters, a nice big queen size bed.  It even has places to hang our clothes!!  Yes my dogs slept up there with me.  It's kind of cool to wake up in here when you're out in the middle of nowhere forest.
Lastly, the biggest space is allocated to the horses.  This will hold three, loaded on a slant instead of facing forward.  The windows are covered with screens for when it's hot and you drop the three outside doors for airflow.  It also doubles as a bathroom if you can't find a gas station while on the road.  Hey, the horses use it too!!  
Thankfully my little kid seems to be okay after his ant bite.  Honestly, he's rather tender when it comes to things like that and shows more expression than any dog I've had.  I'm happy to see him smiling again.
In other news. Arizona is opening hair salons this Friday, along with dine-in restaurants on Monday.  YOU GO ARIZONA!!  On the other hand, OUR governor who has his OWN hair stylist at his HOUSE chooses to open hair salons along with gyms three to four months from now.  

Instead, he's decided to open SCHOOLS first!!  Let the kids and teachers have the first shot at the second wave of flu.  Wait ... aren't schools closed for the summer anyway?  He will also let toy, furniture and clothing manufacturers open, along with childcare facilities.   Of course we STILL have no idea when that might happen.  He's so happy in his role being large and in charge, that I doubt it will be any time soon.

Retail businesses like clothing stores will open some time later for curbside pickup only.  Why can we go to Walmart and Target to buy clothes NOW, but we can't go to a CLOTHING store??  The last allowed to open will be hair and nail salons, gyms, movie theaters and sports events.  

It's time to break out and get back to business!  In this entire County of 277,700 people, we have had three deaths (coming from a cruise ship), all occurring months ago and all with severe underlying medical issues.  Don't get me wrong, if you are the least bit worried, you can definitely stay home as long as you wish.  Grocery pickup will always be available and soon you will be able to purchase masks and gloves through Amazon.  They say there will be a vaccine in maybe a year.

If it doesn't open back up very soon here, in spite of the 105 degree weather, I'm pretty sure I'll be heading back to Arizona.




14 comments:

  1. I think that is the key here, in your second last paragraph. It is still an individual choice. If people don't WANT to go out and shop or get their hair cut, it is entirely up to them. It is just nice to have that option, isn't it?
    Your pictures of Cooper melt my heart every time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Patsy, and I don't understand why everyone can't HAVE an opinion and do what THEY choose.

      Delete
  2. Glad Cooper is doing well, gotta love that smile! I agree they need to open up and let people make up their own mind if they go out. Sick of being treated like children and prisoners. This girl won't wear a mask either with the exception of Ken's appointment on Thursday if they make us. What a beautiful horse trailer! Bet the Chance's can't wait to pick it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty excited about the trailer. Hope to be able to pass it on soon.

      Delete
  3. I seem to find the First Aid spray Bactine works wonders on many things that even Prescribed Topicals don't help.
    A reminder about the Ant Spray. Under dry conditions it should be good for a few weeks.
    Nice Horse Trailer.
    It is up to everyone's personal choice but it seems like our numbers continue to climb so we'll play it safe for Kathy's sake.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your new hair style.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, do they even MAKE Bactine any more? LOL Like Iodine, it's a treatment of years gone by.

      Delete
  4. Our county is twice the size (population) as yours, and we have 53 in hospital out of 285 cases with 8 deaths. Starting to see places open, not sure about hair salons yet. Personally I think the "KING" is going to have problems with the courts when, like you said, you can buy clothes at Walmart/Target, but not at Men's Warehouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't understand his philosophy other than being in control. Let people decide for themselves.

      Delete
  5. Nancy, please be careful with the gasoline. Try taking Benadryl for the itching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be careful. I've actually used the gas a few times in the past.

      Delete
  6. I live on the east side of Phoenix. Tourists have left since everything closed. I'm not fond of cooking so I'm looking forward to restaurants opening again. I cut my own hair so hair salons are not needed, would make me nervous after all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for cutting your own hair. Mine was a hot mess!! I'm not really so fond of cooking either ... glad I'm not the only one!!

      Delete
  7. If you come back to AZ and want to shop at Costco, you'll need a mask or you don't get in. In your spare time maybe you should make a couple. Light weight quilting fabric works well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Allison, but I rarely ever go to Costco. Their portions are WAY too big for me.

      Delete