Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Getting Things Done ... Finally!!

The first order of the day was to pick up my Walmart order.  I really don't like shopping for groceries at Walmart.  Although their frozen items are good, their fruits and vegetables don't last more than a day or two.  I placed my order online and headed to pick it up at 7:00 am.

There was only one other car waiting.  YAY!!  When the gal came out of the building, I clocked her at 25 feet per minute.  I was hoping she made it before she passed out.  With her mask firmly in place, she couldn't really breathe.

Do they make you wear the mask?  Yes she said, all day long.  It's very hot and I can't breathe.  Out of curiosity, I asked if they had warned her of breathing in too much carbon dioxide coming out of her lungs.  Her answer was no.  Did they tell you to wash and disinfect it every night?  Her answer was no, but she did wipe a little hand sanitizer on the inside of her mask at night.  Okay then!!
Next problem, they did not have, nor did they offer bags.  If you wish, you can stay in your vehicle with the windows rolled up while they put everything in the back seat.  I got out, grabbed MY bags, put everything inside and closed the door.  

The dangers of shopping online are many.  Since I don't do this often at all, I just picked out what looked like the item I needed.  Take hotdogs for example.  The print is small on a computer screen.   I ended up with a package of 16.  Do you know how long it's going to take me to eat 16 hot dogs?  

Considering they aren't really good for you, they will probably last two months, but at about thirty cents each, they are a pretty cheap dinner!! 

The bag-o-salad I got had an expiration date of two days ago.  Guess I'll be returning THAT!
Lucky me, I spent the next three hours trying to straighten out my supplementary health insurance bill.  The cost goes up every year at this time.  It would be a simple transaction if they actually sent the coupon book to me, but every year FOR NINE YEARS, they have not done so.  I have to call and ask for a duplicate in order to know what the heck I'm supposed to pay.  It only makes it worse that I go to the doctor MAYBE once a year.

Next on the list, I'm pretty sure the last time I had the Jeep washed was June.  There are not any car washes close to me in Tucson.  Lucky for the locals here, the car wash actually opened a few days ago.  

No cash can be accepted and you have to swipe your own credit card.  Wasn't I surprised that my $8.00 car wash was now $16.00.  Talk about a rip off ... this is a drive through.  They didn't even wash the windshield like they normally do.  How nice of the car washes to take advantage of the people under these circumstances by doubling their price while doing half the work!!  

I was even less happy when I got home and the Jeep was still filthy dirty with not one bug having been washed off the windshield.  Lesson learned.  Although the inside was not that bad, I spent an hour with a can of spray cleaning the dust off.  I'll drag out my vacuum cleaner today.
In the meantime, my arm continued to swell up and itch like crazy.  Now the bite mark is about two inches around, red and very swollen.  Yes I tried Windex, but unlike my Big Fat Greek Wedding, it did not work.  At long last, thanks to Bill Richards advice, I took a benadryl.  It's better this morning, but I still feel like a huge chunk of flesh is going to fall off my arm, like a man-eating virus of some kind!!
Here is this morning's public service announcement.  Please remember NOT to wear your mask when driving.  There have been two accidents (nope, sorry for the misinformation, there was only ONE) here from people getting lightheaded and passing out while driving down the road.  Remember to wash and sanitize your mask EVERY day!  Wiping hand sanitizer on the inside does not count.



19 comments:

  1. Many of those In-Store Managers don't have the Safety Training to pass on to their employees.
    Sounds like Price Gouging at the Car Wash.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying at home.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Price gouging at it's best to make up for having to be closed.

      Delete
  2. Yes, that car was is price gouging! Glad your arm is better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they have to make up their money somehow.

      Delete
  3. Just curious if Walmart charged you for the 16 pack or 8 pack of hot dogs? I've heard that if they're out of something when they go to fill your request they will do you better rather than not fill. Grossed me out, hearing her say she puts a little hand sanitizer on her mask..can you imagine breathing that in?! Yuk. Wow double the price for half the work!! Crazy. Why anyone would wear their mask in the car..but we've seen it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check on that and yes, I ordered the 16 pack ... sadly. I didn't see that ... I figured it was just a regular pack of hot dogs.

      Delete
  4. Okay let's do some explaining. Last October my husband was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition. Since the multiple hospitals and rehabilitation center to learn to walk again, he's also on an immune suppressant med. All that so his body won't reject his human blood plasma treatment from his infusion. Understand he has no immune system working. When I take him to treatment four times a month do I wear a mask? Hell yes! Being in such close quarters puts him in jeopardy to catch anything. Sorry to rant but we all need to learn there are exception and not to judge.
    Nancy you are my one outlet to the outside world. I would never intentionally dismiss your opinions. You're keeping me grounded.
    From a past rv full-timer we thought we had seen it all. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, yes I would definitely wear a mask too. I would never put someone else in jeopardy. Anyone with with an immune system problem should be extra careful. I totally agree. For the girl working at Walmart who puts hand sanitizer on the inside of her mask every morning? Not so much

      Delete
  5. Our car wash at Belmont and Clovis Ave is $25 a month unlimited. We drive through probably 3 times a week whenever we pick up food, takeout, or meds. Maybe you have one like that up your way. We also do Walmart PU and find it very convenient, accurate, and very reasonably priced. We are so thankful to be sequestered in our old driveway. We have 2 families watching out for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two have the perfect spot to ride this out. Geez ... $25 for a month? I probably need to have my car washed more often, but it's not in a convenient location and I think their monthly rate was 30. I think they are just trying to make up for being closed for the last two months.

      Delete
  6. Cut up the hotdogs and cook with scrambled eggs. Heat up a tortilla and make a burrito. Great breakfast, lunch or dinner! Shirley Kay is probably gagging right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Elva!! Actually, that sounds pretty good. I could always cut them up into some mac n cheese too!!

      Delete
    2. I do love hot dogs..and they might even be good in scrambled eggs, like bologna!

      Delete
  7. I'm wondering if the guy in front of you at the car wash knows a trick to drive forward at a certain time and not pay. Then his wash is added to the next one. Years ago this happened at a vending machine I used to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ... they had a gal out front with an iPad taking orders. If you had a monthly card, they just scanned it through your window. Otherwise, you had to pick between $16 and $18. I chose the cheapest!

      Delete
  8. I agree with you on Walmarts perishables. I worked in that industry for many years and not all fruits and vegetables are the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting ... I thought it was just me!! Things I get at Safeway last two weeks compared to two days at Walmart.

      Delete
  9. Keep taking the Benadryl Nancy and if you ever get bit again, immediately, put a penny right on top of the bite and hold it there for a few minutes. We do this with bee stings, so it might work with ant bites, it takes the pain away and stops the swelling. Certainly worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a try. Thank you Bill for reminding me to take Benadryl. I took another one last night, and although it's not back to normal, it's MUCH better.

      Delete