Monday, March 16, 2020

I Cheated!!

I know, St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow.  I cheated and cooked my corned beef early.  When I walked through Safeway a week ago, they had a hundred of them.  First, let me say there is corned beef and then there is CORNED BEEF.  This one is of the first variety.  The second one lives at Costco, I just didn't want to fight the hoarding crowds over there.

I prefer the spice packet be separate rather than glued so tightly to the meat that it can't be washed off.    No matter, my instant pot cooked it in a not so quick 90 minutes till oh-so-tender.  As much as I love raw cabbage, the cooked kind leaves me wishing I hadn't cooked it, so I left it out.
Here's what I was REALLY after.  Corned beef hash ... one of my all time favorite things to eat.  I'm sorry to say, everything you see here disappeared into my mouth.  I have not one piece left.  My plan is to hit up Safeway again when all that leftover meat is put on sale because everyone is not leaving their homes.  Boy are they missing out!!
By the way, if you have an instant pot, the absolute best place I've found for recipes is PressureLuckCooking.com.  Every one of Jeffrey's recipes that I have tried has come out delicious.

As to those dandelions, instead of cooking them, I took everyone's advice and had Amazon send some fertilizer/weed killer right to my front door.  Luckily I read the directions first.  Keep away from animals.  So my plan is to spread it on the lawn just as I'm leaving.  Hopefully it won't kill everything completely.  

In the meantime, since time is getting short, I didn't want to start another quilting project, only to pack it up, losing pieces all along the way home.  This time I remembered to bring my needlepoint frame with me.

Totally a dying art ... I think there are only three stores left in the entire U.S. where you can purchase canvas and yarn ... I've been working on these for many years.  This one is a Japanese kimono, upside down in the frame so I can reach the very end.  That thing over the top is a very bright light with magnifying glass so I can see just where I poke my fingers with the needle.  
I'm hoping to sneak in a trip to Tombstone this week.  Sitting home for another couple of weeks just doesn't suit me.  I also have all the information on insurance for the rig that I will pass on.  Won't THAT be fun!!!


7 comments:

  1. The hash looks wonderful! Happy early St. Patty's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always cook ours as a Hash so we can have smaller portions and make it last a few meals.
    Read the instructions about the fertilizer. Most include some words like Rain or Watering to make it work.
    Good Luck with your projects.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the solitude.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does say that Rick. The sprinklers should come on when I leave and water everything.

      Delete
  3. Glad you decided on the dandelion killer. Pulling them one by one won't do it. Interested in what RV insurance you decided on. Enjoy St Patrick day eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've lost the battle. They are now covering most of the yard!!

      Delete
  4. Happy St. Patty's Day the hash does look good.
    Personally I think those little yellow dandelions are bright and beautiful. Plus, they turn into pretty fluffy wishes. Tom and I went back and forth about them in our lawn all the time...lol

    ReplyDelete