Sunday, February 5, 2017

I'm HAPPY ..... I'm BUMMED!!

I hate it when those two things happen in the same day.  What a bummer!!  I was so excited to pick up my new embroidery machine that I didn't do anything all morning but count the minutes.  I'm sure you know the feeling.  I was so distracted, I didn't even realize Mr. Cooper was destroying Jessie's bed while playing with his ball.
Who, ME??  He drops his ball, picks up one edge, pulls back to cover it up, then digs like crazy to get it out from under.  What a silly kid!!  I couldn't really scold him, he was having too much fun!!
In the meantime, I needed something to stabilize my table for the sewing machine.  I tried a windshield washing wand thingy doodad.  Dum te dum te dum ... I just waited for the appointed time to leave.  Even the birds came and waited with me!!
Finally, I was OFF to the Apple Store about an hour away to pick up my disc drive.  I could have chosen one from Walmart or another big box store, but my experience with Apple products has been bad when it comes to off brands.  I'm sure they make it that way on purpose.   The store was packed to the brim on this Saturday, but I had ordered it ahead.  
Trouble was, it all took less time than I expected.  I stopped at a quilt store close by thinking I would spend a couple of hours ... it took 20 minutes to find the fabric I wanted.  Needless to say, I arrived a little early to pick up my machine.  Two hours early to be exact.  As I drove up the long driveway to the exclusive El Conquistador Hilton, I became more and more excited.
Once inside, I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down.  No hurry ... I can wait.  The gals came up and said hello while I talked to another new owner of this amazing machine.  In no time, they said my machine was ready to go.  REALLY??  I'm ecstatic!!  They helped me load it up and I drove back home.

I was really in a big hurry to set it up, but it was late.  I didn't want Dan to have to wait any longer for that delicious meatloaf sandwich we were having for dinner.  I scarfed mine down and went into set-up mode.

I transferred all the patterns from the discs to thumb drives in a matter of minutes.  Success!!

As soon as I put the machine on the table, my little stabilizer leg collapsed.  RATS ... it won't hold.  It was then I realized they had taken the embroidery foot off the machine.  I searched all the bags.  I bet you know where I'm going here.  WHAT???  I can't find it.  ANYWHERE!!  My happiness deflated like a popped balloon.  I searched again.  I grabbed the instruction book to see if maybe three things put together made up the foot.  Nope .... it's just not here.  I looked eight more times.  

It's Sunday and they are closed.  Monday I will make the long drive back to the store and hope they found it or maybe have an extra one to give me.  I'm BUMMED!!  This morning I'll look on-line to see if there are any better instructions ... maybe I'll get lucky.  First however, I need a 2 x 4 to prop up the end of the table and support the weight of the machine.  It will probably be Tuesday before I can even try to sew something. 

I should have known better than to get so excited ... this is MY kind of luck!!  It's going to be a LONG day!!