Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Truth ... The Whole Truth!!

Not feeling particularly well, I stayed an extra day in Tehachapi.  The truth is, I was pretty sure another session of cold/flu was coming on since being exposed to not one, but TWO sickies who should have stayed home two weeks earlier!!
Sunday morning I came up with a bad sore throat, and thanks to the advice of RV friend Dave Burdick (I think ... truth is my memory is fading) I begged a cup of Listerine from the Pico's.  Thank goodness they had some, because the alternative was Hydrogen Peroxide!!  YUCK!!!  Every couple of hours I gargled ... or at least tried to ... OHHHHH the burn!!!  It felt like my throat was on FIRE!!!   I just hoped it would kill those little germs and keep them from invading my body.

Believe it or not, it worked!!  By Sunday evening I had lost the dragged out, I'm sick feeling and the sore throat went away.  I'm still using the product for another day, just in case ... but so far so good!!!

My apologies to the RV group, most of whom don't know about my cooking skills ... well, the truth is, they have a pretty good idea now!!  I was so sure I had packed everything I needed for the crock pot chili verde, only to find that all of my spices were sitting on the counter at home!!  With no time to hit the store, it was what it was .... it's pretty hard to make chili verde with one small can of chilis in a three quart pot with just a little pepper.  At least it was edible and maybe ... just maybe, my secret is still a secret!!

The WHOLE truth about the picnic on Saturday when we went to the Loop, is that I again lost my keys!!  I'm going to tie them to my wrist so I can't do that again.  Of course Barbara and Tom know how I am from when we went on the big trip last summer.  So Tom said "where have you been", and two minutes later, came back with my backpack and keys.  I had set them down in the garden while taking pictures, being terribly distracted by the cactus blooms!!!  Thank you Tom!!!!  I think I better get that buzzer thing and attach it to my keyring ... course then I'd probably lose my phone!!!

Everyone was happy to be home, including me.  Traffic was pretty bad on Hwy 99 this time, but I just kept to my usual 55 mph.  Once home, I tossed the dogs out and headed to the Elks Park about a mile away to dump the tanks.   Okay, truth is I didn't "toss" them, I walked them to the back yard and made sure the fence was still secure!!
At the dump station, while filling my water bucket, I noticed the fender next to the door was flapping in the breeze.  OH NO!!  Sure enough, the one screw holding the cheap fiberglass fender tight to the frame had sheared off.  Eeeeeek!!  I didn't realize everything was quite so flimsy until I crawled underneath and took a good look!!  It's not even METAL!!  

Now THIS is going to be a repair that may be beyond my capabilities.  Course you know I'll try anything once, so the truth is, even though I don't think I can fix it, I'm going to try.  As long as I don't have to drill that broken piece out, I won't have to call in the army or bother my Elks RV buddies!!  Now if I can just find the same type of screw!!  Who thought I'd be doing body work?????



2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was me...glad it worked for you too. We ALWAYS have some on hand, that stuff is SO STRONG but it sure does do the job. --Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee ... my memory isn't all that bad after all!! Thanks Dave ... it was a great tip!! I bet it will even clean my kitchen grout!!!

      Delete