Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Disaster Strikes!!!

Did you ever find a product that you absolutely loved and couldn't live without??  My achilles heel is Maxwell House International Cafe - Orange.  I've been drinking this wonderful stuff since 1984.    Regular coffee doesn't set well with me AT ALL, so when an old boyfriend introduced me to this wonderful elixir, I was hooked!!  

I used to buy it by the case at Save Mart for $4.00 a can.  Then I found it at Target one day for a measly $3.00.  Low and behold while cruising the internet, I found it at Walmart Online for $2.89 with free shipping.  Then it happened!!!  DISASTER!!  I heard a nasty rumor that it was going to be discontinued.  NOOOOOOOO!!  Even so, I was still able to find it here and there until yesterday.  My coffee of choice for over 31 years is gone.  How could this be??  I alone must be keeping the market going, although I admit I only have one cup a day.  I even reduced my consumption to half a cup in order for my hoarded stash to last a little longer.  I have SIX cans left.

When the final cup goes down my throat, I'm going to cry!!  Oh I've tried the other versions that they are still producing, but they are WAY too sweet.  This is the only one that tastes something like regular coffee.  I wish there was some way to keep it going or reproduce it myself ... like copycat recipes ... but alas (big sigh) I'm destined to drink hot water for breakfast!!
In other news, being home is so different from RV'ing.  I forgot to put the overflowing garbage can out to the curb for pickup, so bags are now stacking up at my back door.  I finished this quilt top, admitting that I didn't do a very good job of it.  There are 12 blocks of heavy, thick chenille that were a big pain in the patootie ... making sewing a disaster, which took the fun right out of it!!
I'm NOT cooking today ... I can't take another disaster, so I'm going to sit in the sun and read Nick Russell's book "Big Lake Burning".  He's half way through his next big thriller, and I have to keep up!!  They are wonderful mystery books you can download from Amazon.com.

Oh ... and it's still DISASTER for Central California ... that rain yesterday at my house lasted for about 30 minutes.  The sun came out washing away all chances of rain in the next two weeks!!  They did get some snow in the Sierras, but nowhere near enough.  Maybe people will finally started conserving a little, like I did with my coffee, to make it last a little longer!!

4 comments:

  1. I understand the garbage thing, but our's is picked up 3 times a week. Who has that amount of garbage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three times a week?? That's much better than once ... at least it wouldn't be piling up outside my back door!! Glad to hear you are healing fast and will be walking normally soon!!!

      Delete
  2. Here's your coffee http://www.amazon.com/Maxwell-House-International-9-3-Ounce-Container/dp/B004OL4EJ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425408622&sr=8-1&keywords=maxwell+house+international+cafe+orange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! I checked Amazon previously, but I missed the "4-pack" sign. Several places have it, but for $9.00+ a can. This came to $4.61, so I ordered 4 cans. YAY!!!

      Delete