Sunday, March 8, 2015

Another Time Change .....

Another reason to move to Arizona!!!  They don't have this silly time change that makes everyone feel like they've got a huge hangover for several days, trying to adjust.  Funny, it doesn't seem to matter which way the time goes, I always feel drug out and tired!!!  Honestly, I don't even know WHAT time it is.  Hopefully my phone will automatically catch up and let me know later today!!

For anyone that's at the Escapees Escapade in Tucson Arizona at the Pima County Fairgrounds, run on over to the Gypsy Journal Booth as fast as you can and pick up Miss Terry's Cookbook.  She has the best EVER, easy to make pizza recipe, not to mention all the other goodies in her book.  Terry will even sign it for you if you act fast!  You know how RV's are, there's never enough room to store everything, so they are limited on the number of books available!!  By the way, I stole this image from Nick's blog site ... just so you know!!  They also have Nick's Big Lake books available.  Every one just gets better and better with more twists and turns than the highway to Yosemite!!  Once you start reading, you won't be able to put it down!!
I started two more quilt projects yesterday, hoping to find one I could finish.  It wasn't to be!!  Every time I finished reading all the instructions and cut out half the material, I realized I didn't have ENOUGH material to complete the project.  I now have four stacks on my kitchen counter, ready to take to the Quilt store so I can pick up the necessary border pieces to complete them.  It's a hard lesson I've learned ... buy EVERYTHING you need for that quilt while you are at the store, instead of thinking "I'll get that piece later"!!  It nags at my brain knowing that I can't finish even one for lack of "parts"!!!

In an effort not to stay home-bound for too long, I found a huge quilt show in Sacramento to attend this month.  I made reservations at one of the local RV parks and will meet up with a girlfriend from Dixon.  Since Old Sacramento and the Railroad Museum aren't far away, I'll probably revisit those also!!

My back door is now a disaster area with all the bags of trash ready to go out.  I'd show you a picture, but it's pretty disgusting!!  Just to be sure I didn't miss Monday morning pickup again, I hauled the bin to the roadside THIS morning.  With the time change, who knows when they will drive by and empty it, at which time I will fill it back up to the brim!!!  As most of you know, it takes some time to adjust to a new "home" schedule .... which happens just about the time we leave on another trip!!!

Have fun at the Escapade everyone!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree with you more about the hassle of getting home and the hassle of getting the rig ready to go. My solution, only do each step once per year. Make the most of the work, then stay out for 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 months. Its worked for us for the last 14 years. Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea Jim ... I should also make a list of everything that needs to be done and keep it on the computer. At least I wouldn't worry about forgetting something!!

      Delete
  2. By the way Nancy, why aren't as Escapade? Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about going, but had too many appointments and didn't want to homestead at my friends house waiting for it to open. I planned on leaving for Oregon in April, but they will still have too much snow, so I'm stuck here for a few months. : (

      Delete