Friday, August 23, 2013

We Caught The Elusive Oregon Sunset!!

Across the street from Pacific City Thousand Trails is a new ... very exclusive ... subdivision.  The lots run from $60K (no view) to $800K (ocean view) and require the building of a minimum 2,000 sq. ft. home.  I think I'll pass ... but here's the view from the pricey lots.  I entertained the thought they might let me park my beautiful Phaeton on a concrete pad, but Patty said that was a pipe dream!!  I cancelled my call to Mr. Trost.  Actually, we came here to capture the thus far elusive sunset.
It happens that the day I chose to photograph the sunset, the sun was out all day, as were the clouds ... perfect!!  Unfortunately, just when Patty and I took a drive looking for the perfect photo spot in the subdivision, most of the clouds disappeared, along with the spectacular colors!!    
Hoping and praying they wouldn't lock us in with the security gates, we parked in the back and took in the setting sun.  It was so quiet, we could hear people talking on the beach far below.
It never goes as planned, and as the elusive sun set, the beach reflection I was hoping to capture, died completely.  Sort of like my RV parking spot dream!!
We thought it was no matter ... we would go back again last night for another shot.  What was that about don't count your chickens before they hatch???  The fog is what hatched ... all day and long into the night.  The elusive sunset couldn't be found again.
We leave this morning for a four hour drive North to Washington ... Oceana I think ... I keep getting them all mixed up, amid sprinkles and fog!!  But it's okay ... as long as there's fish and chips and a quilt shop or two, we're happy campers!!





No comments:

Post a Comment