Friday, August 9, 2013

Posing For The Photographer!!!

It was again pretty foggy in the morning, and as much as I wanted to procrastinate on the cleaning job, I forced myself to get with the program.  Even the previously clean spots were now covered with long white stripes from the roof.  At Dan's suggestion, he climbed up on my roof with a bucket and brush.  Once that was done, I rinsed the rest of the rig down and proceeded to clean and dry it.  THAT's when I started finding all the problem areas.  There were several rock chips ... on the passenger side no less, spots of chipped paint and many scratches from the truck wash.  (I'll never do that again!!)

While up top, Dan discovered a problem with the tape where the cap joins.  He will fix this for me before we leave so I can see how, just in case it happens again.  He also showed me how to extend the life of the slideout covers where they wear the most.
I brought my own ladder, but it's only 6' ... I need to replace it with the 8' one at home.  Teetering on the top step while hanging on can be a little dicey when the ground isn't quite level.  Finally, 3-1/2 hours later, it was dry and clean.  Of course the black shows the worst scratches, so Dan showed me on one section how pretty it would be with a little wax.  UGH!!  Not my favorite job in the world.  I don't even think short shorts would work for waxing!!  Okay, I'll just wax the black sections!!!!   LOL  When done, it will be gorgeous again.
Yesterday, I told you about the squirrel encounter of the weird kind!!  While working on the rig, this guy was making soooo much racket chirping the entire time I was outside.   I decided it was time for a photo!!  The second I came out with my camera however, he became quiet as a mouse.  After looking around for awhile, I finally said "HEY!!!  You've been yacking at me all morning ... where are you now???"  Amazingly, he came right down the tree to within 10 feet of me and started posing for the camera.   Portrait first .......
Then my left side ... that's my GOOD side!!  Do you want my tail straight or curly??  Every chirp it changed to the other position.  I started laughing and almost missed the picture.
And finally a sexy glamour shot!!!   "Is this good??  Do I look natural??  Do I look thinner??"   After about 50 photos, I said okay ... we're done, and off he scampered!!  There's nothing better than interaction with local creatures!!!
Dinner was another chicken fried steak after listening to the other local creatures at the MASA presentation, which we wanted to compare to SkyMed.  There are some differences between the two, including how many times you can use the air ambulance services and which hospital you will be taken to.  Both cover all ground ambulances whether you are home or away on a trip.  The biggest difference for me was the price.   SkyMed would cost $2695 for 8 years ... MASA $3390 for life.  SkyMed can (and probably will) raise their rates for your renewal after 8 years, the mininum being another $2695.  You will never pay MASA anything more because you have lifetime coverage.  I went with MASA.   Even though I have pretty comprehensive insurance coverage now, I expect Medicare to reduce what it pays (when I qualify "years" from now!!), and my insurance program has already started paying the "usual and customary" amount, instead of the actual cost.  If you only use it once, it's paid for itself!!

You never know ... I may need a helicopter ambulance if I fall off that ladder trying to wax my rig ... which is on todays schedule!!!  Anyone want to come help????




No comments:

Post a Comment