Friday, August 16, 2013

Tough Drive, But We Made It .. to Garibaldi Oregon!

Load 'em up, move 'em out!!!  With Tom and Barbara leading, we left the Elks Park under overcast skies and drizzling rain.  From Tillamook to Garibaldi was all of 15 or so miles ... hard driving day!!  Sorry I missed that red light, but the PO-lice were behind me this time.  
I finally caught up and a few minutes later we pulled in to the Old Mill RV Park to find the office closed until 1:00, even though the sign said open at 10:00, check-in at Noon.  You know us, we just pulled around and took up three spaces side by side, in spite of the warnings that the "park" had assigned us spaces!!  When the office DID open, Dan was in his spot ... and she let me stay where I was.  The Westerfields got to move closer to the bay!!  It's just a two minute walk to the water.
As you can see, the trail bosses are Dottie and Bob, Kurt and Betty ... and they have it organized to a tee!!  This rally is all about the trains ... and this RV park is about 100 feet from the train station.  

After appetizers, we all brought something for the potluck ... NO one went away hungry!!!  This is only about half the food!
Before the real fun starts, it's meeting time!!  
Then it's off to walk the dogs for me ... except as I was leaving my rig, the sun started to set.  Sorry babies ... photography is first when it comes to a beautiful fleeting sunset!!  About two minutes across the mowed field and Patty and I were on a deserted beach next to the Garibaldi Marina.  Poor girl had to listen to me ohh and ahh about the gorgeous sunset and reflections.
While we watched the sun go down, several fishermen came in to the harbor.   The sun setting between the clouds of fog was amazing!!
I'm hoping for a few more sunsets while we are here ... the weather is supposed to clear up a little.  Today we explore the Tillamook Forest Center and dine at Pirate's Cove.  Next up the Tillamook Air Museum, Tillamook Cheese and finally the Sunset Dinner Train on Saturday.  







2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are amazing. Loved the sunset series.
    Enjoying your Alaska trip thru the blog and pictures.
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandi!!! I appreciate the comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete